❀ Chapter 1 ❀

life was great

I invited my friends over to hang out. After texting them the time when to come to my house in the group chat, I put my phone down and cleaned out some stuff a little. I went downstairs entering the kitchen.

"Hey, mom!" I greeted, seeing my mother finish up with the dishes.

"Hello, Ashlee. Do you want a snack?" She asked looking over her shoulder. I shook my head.

"No thanks." I replied going to my den to clean up some crap. I picked up the loose papers and threw away what was unnecessary. Then I fixed up the couch pillows made sure it was in place.

"Oh so you're cleaning for me?" My mom came in crossing her arms with a grin. I laughed.

"Sure mom. My friends are coming over and you always told me to tidy up things before someone visits." I answered crumpling up a piece of scrap.

"I did, didn't I." She said a little softer smiling at me before walking away.
~✿~
A knock came though the door so I ran to the grab the doorknob. I twisted it and swung open the door to 3 best friends. Luke, Bailey, and Calum.

"Hey!!" They all said in unison. I smiled letting them in, giving each a hug, and maybe an extra long one for Luke.

"How are you guys?" I asked as we walked into the kitchen.

"I'm hungry!" Bailey said opening my fridge scanning my food. I rolled my eyes as she ducked her head into the fridge. I saw Calum come into my kitchen and sit at the table, where Luke already was.

Lately, Luke had me questioning my thoughts towards him. Ever since I noticed how piercing his blue eyes were and how tall he was compared to me, not to mention the humorous personality I've grown up with and how much of a nice guy he is, I don't know if I'm starting to have more than just a best friend liking to him. I turned to Luke who smiled up at me. And I felt something in my stomach. A butterfly...shit...

I turned away to find Bailey, face stuffed with a sub I had as a leftover. I looked at her weirdly.

"What?? They wouldn't let me buy fast food!" Bailey exclaimed pointing at the two boys who just stared back. Luke laughed and I smiled at his giggle.

Soon, someone was coming down the stairs and everyone turned their head. My mom appeared and everyone turned to face her.

"Oh hey guys." She said as she was carrying her bag.

"Hey, Mrs. Cantina." Luke said grinning.

"Hello." Calum said after. Bailey waved still eating the sub.

"Where are you going?" I asked as she put on a jacket.

"Just gonna buy some food, do some chores." My mom replied going over to the door.

"You 4 behave, alright?" My mom pointed at all of us. I rolled my eyes.

"We'll be fine mom." "No parties, got it?" "Mooooom." I groaned as Bailey laughed.

"Okay okay, bye, love you." She said kissing my forehead as if I was still that 10 year old girl she had.

"Love you, too." I replied as my mom waved to my friends and left through the door.

"So what do you guys wanna do?" Calum asked.

"Ice cream?" "I'm down." Luke said nodding.

"Wanna walk or drive?" Calum asked again. "We can walk...you know...save the environment." Bailey shrugged washing her hands from eating.

"True." I pointed out. "Okay, then what are we waiting for?" Luke said standing up starting to walk to my door. I watched as my other two friends got their stuff and follow Luke, soon making me follow behind them.

I quickly went back to grab my house keys, closed and locked the door, walking behind my friends soon after.
                                       ~✿~
"One chocolate raspberry drizzle, one vanilla with strawberry cup, a strawberry cone, and one vanilla with sprinkles." Luke said ordering what we wanted. Bailey, Calum, and I found a booth and sat down.

Luke came to my view carrying a tray of 4 different kinds of ice cream.

"Here you go."  Luke said placing the tray on the table. We all took what we wanted and started eating.

Luke took a seat next to me and I don't know if my heart started beating a bit quicker or that I was startled when he hit my shoulder by accident.

"Oh, sorry, Ashlee." He said. "It's cool." I shrugged playing it off. I provided space for Luke and he sat down.

"Hey guys, look, I'm a unicorn." Bailey said taking out the paper cone that was wrapped around the waffle cone and putting it on top of her head.

"I'm a unicorn!!" She exclaimed putting a little dance to it. I laughed doing the same thing. Luke turned to me, licking ice cream of his lips, smiling.

"You look cute, Ashlee." He grinned. I smiled. "Thanks, Luke." Bailey and I continued to pretend we were unicorns, maybe getting a couple glances from other people who came to the parlor.

I saw Luke glance down at his phone as Bailey and I settled, eating our ice cream again. Luke giggled softly making me turn my attention to him.

"What's so funny?" I asked trying to look at his phone. But Luke turn the screen over and hid his phone behind his leg, not in a 'I-have-a-secret' way, but in a more 'nothing' way.

"C'mon, Luke. I'm your best friend!" I played. Luke shook his head, scratching his temple.

"No, it's nothing's. Chill out Ashlee." He said quickly. But rather nervously. I brushed it off and went back to my cone.

"So, uh Ashlee," Calum started. I looked at him. "For our biology project you wanna come to my house tomorrow after school?" Calum asked. I nodded.

"Sure. We just need to buy the stuff to build it." I added. "What are you guys doing?" Bailey asked. "We have to make a model of mitosis." I answered throwing away my cone.

Bailey nodded, putting back on the wrapped cone on her head. "Bailey, you're not a unicorn." Calum sighed. Bailey looked at Calum and yelled, "I AM A UNICORN!!"
Oh, Bailey.

~~~~~~~~~~
Hello!! I hope you guys will enjoy this fanfic ^_^ tell me what you think so far :)