❀ Chapter 9 ❀

chin down, eyes closed
It's the weekend, and I'm here sitting on my bed watching tv while scrolling through Instagram. Technically I'm not watching whatever is on tv, but it's a thing probably almost everyone does.

Going through my phone, suddenly my phone stops short, then it vibrates; Michael's caller ID comes to my screen. I smile and press the green button.

"Hey, Michael!" I said happily, also turning down the volume on the tv.

"Ashlee! How are you?" I hear him ask wth a smile in his tone.

"I'm good, I was just sitting on my bed." I replied in a 'matter-of-fact' tone. "What about you?"

"I'm great, now that I'm talking to you." Michael said rather shyly. I giggle, a smile spreading across my face.

"What the hell, when did you get so smooth?" I ask nonchalantly. Michael chuckled; I sat back on the headboard of my bed.

"Just practicing, I guess," I furrowed my brows. "Anyways, I want to ask you something." He added.

"Go on." I urged sitting back up almost getting anxious.

"Well, would you like to go out with me sometime?" Michael asked nervously. I softly gasped. I put a hand at my chest.

"Like a date??" I question, but I make sure I don't sound so shocked.

"I mean, it doesn't have to be. We can just, you know, hang out, get to know each other a little more." Michael explained. I sighed in relief. I pondered my answer.

"That's actually a nice idea. I would love to hang out." I answer proudly. "Really?" "Of course!!"

"That's awesome! So when do you wanna do it?" Michael asked already planning. "Tomorrow?" I suggested. "Tomorrow is great." Michael said.

"Alright, so just text me the time and then we can go 'hang out'" I said pretending to quote 'hang out'

"Oh my god, Ashlee." Michael chuckled through the phone. I giggled checking the time.

"Hey I gotta go. Text me later okay?" I asked, about to hang out.

"Okay, bye Ashlee."

"Bye, Michael."

I put my phone down, unable to control the smile on my face.

"Ashlee who was that?" I heard my mom ask from her room. "It was Michael?" I reply in a questioning tone.

I told my mom about Michael. I think she likes him.. Well, knowing he's friends with Calum (cause I told her) so I'm guessing she semi trusts him.

My mom didn't say anything after that, and it's not because she's hesitating to answer. I know that she probably got caught up in the soap opera that was playing on her tv.

I thought about my talk with Michael.

I don't know, whenever I talk to him, he makes me happy. And now we're gonna hang out tomorrow? It's gonna be awesome!!

Suddenly my phone vibrated again. This time, Calum was calling.

"Calum?" I say into my phone after I opened the call.

"Ashlee? You're friends with Michael now??" Calum asked urgently. My eyes widened.

"Calum, it's not like I'm stealing him-"

"No no, he just called me and said you two are gonna go out tomorrow." Calum cut me off.

"Oh yeah, he asked me like 5 minutes ago." I replied lazily looking around my room.

"Oh okay, cause I didn't even know you two knew each other." Calum chuckled through the phone. I scratched my head. "Yeah we met at your party." I heard Calum mumble a 'right right'. Then, awkward silence.

"Byeeee Caluuummmmm." I sang going to hang up. When I did, I think Calum was protesting, but oh well, too late now.

I went back to Instagram and refreshed my page. And... I wish I didn't.

Of course, a picture Luke posted with Francesca. It wasn't like the usual ones, where they're at some park hanging around or both of them making funny faces, but this one picture was different.

Luke was looking at Francesca and she did the same to him. I saw the love in Luke's eyes. I saw how he looked at her, felt towards her. And Francesca? She had a little cute smile towards him.

I'd admit it was a cute picture, but I can't. I don't feel like 'oh my god this is adorable'.
No. Instead I feel heartbroken. I feel as if someone who never loved me moved on and loved someone else, which is partially true.

Why do I have to like Luke? Why is even jealousy a thing? I don't hate anyone, but I can't help feeling this burning feeling in my chest. Maybe it's Luke who's hurting me. Maybe I don't need to be around him. If I isolate myself, will it help?

Separated from my thoughts, I shut my eyes and placed my head into my hands, which are propped on my knees. A tear slipped from my eyes and I wiped it away; I didn't let another drop go.

I looked out my window, then the time. It was only 4:59 PM and I'm already tired. If I were to sleep now, I won't sleep when everyone else would.

So instead, I opened my phone again, sadness coming over me again when I saw the picture. I scrolled past it resisting the urge to look back.

'If I just stay awake, you can sleep as long as you want. You even have to hang out with Michael tomorrow.' I reminded myself, almost smiling at the thought of being with Michael.

It's gonna be the first time we've seen each other since Calum's party and I just couldn't wait. Somehow all the sadness earlier just disappeared.

~

Sooner enough, after trying to distract myself, which meant watching cartoons and/or listening to music, it was already 10 PM.

After changing into my pjs, I went to my bed and got under the covers. As soon as I laid down a small smile appeared on my face.

Tomorrow is gonna be a good day, hanging out with Michael and getting my mind off Luke and Francesca for once.

~~~~~~~~~~
This is kind of a filler chapter, BUT more is coming in the future..I hope you guys are liking it so far!!