❀ Chapter 11 ❀

I thought it was getting better

I came up behind Michael, and looked at the face to who he was talking to.

"Hey Luke." I grinned softly looking into his blue eyes. 'God dammit they're still mesmerizing' I thought almost white-knuckling my shopping bag to hold back my emotions.

"Yeah, so how's it going with Francesca?" Michael asked Luke crossing his arms, looking interested. I lowkey rolled my eyes, looking off to the side.

"It's great actually! Yeah she's amazing." Luke smiled as Michael grinned. I puffed out my cheeks, moving on the balls of my feet still grazing around.

'Don't cry, not today. Today was suppose to make you forget 'them'' I thought again looking down at the black bag.

"That's good! You guys look great together too." Michael complimented, and that's what got me saying, "Michael, I'm gonna go to the other stores. Just call me when you want to find me, okay?" I patted behind Michael's shoulder before walking off.

"Oh okay." Michael grinned nodding. "Bye, Ashlee. Nice seeing you." Luke said towards me. I looked over my shoulder and just waved with a tiny smile. Turning back to my direction, I just walked.

I didn't know where I was going, just want to get away from whatever was happening over there. It still hurts me and I hate it.

Plus I said if I stay away from Luke, maybe I'll get over it. Better start now than later to be honest.
~✿~
I was walking down when I saw my other favorite store, Hot Topic. I got so excited a smile came across my face and I skipped into the store.

I was met with black clothing and graphic designs. The music they played at the moment was Sleeping With Sirens, If I'm James Dean Then You're Audrey Hepburn. Technically I was dancing while looking around.

I went to the wall with band shirts, and I looked at the designs. Blink 182, Fall Out Boy, Black Veil Brides, etc. I scanned the shirts just passing time. If I wanted to buy something, I would have to find it.
                                       ~✿~
"Ashlee!! There you are!!" I hear someone's voice from the entrance. I was picking up a necklace when I saw red hair and I knew.

Michael stepped into the store, approaching me and scoffing. I looked at him somewhat expecting what'd he'd say.

"You didn't answer your phone." He said slapping his hands on his sides. I looked down shyly and chuckled.

"Sorry I was really distracted." I reverted my eyes back onto the necklace and I don't know if I wanted it.

"You like this place too?" Michael asked looking around like how I did. "I freaking love this place are you kidding??!" I said enthusiastically. Michael laughed rather cutely.

'Wait Ashlee...did you just call his laugh cute?'

I took a deep breath and put back the necklace, deciding I didn't want to spend a lot. I went to the cash register and put my items on the counter.

"Your total is $47.89." The cashier said bagging my shirts. I opened my wallet and pulled out two 20 dollar bills. I needed another 10, but I couldn't find anything.

After looking through everything, I turned to look over my shoulder for Michael.

"Uhm, hey Michael?" Michael's head turned to me. "Do you have an extra 10 bucks?" I asked more questionably. I didn't want him to spend on me, but I could use some help since I already went to Forever 21.

"Yeah here." Michael took out his wallet and easily pulled out a 10 dollar bill and handed it to me. I took it saying a quick 'thank you' before turning back to the cashier.

The cashier gave me back my change and I took my bag and went to Michael. We both exited Hot Topic.

"Sorry I had to ask for 10 dollars." I said kinda shy. Now that I think about it, maybe I got one too many shirts...but that's just me.

"Don't be sorry. I mean it wasn't like you asked for a 50." Michael chuckled shoving his hands in his pockets. I smirked looking down.

"I'm hungry, you?" Michael then asked. I moved my head up and nodded. "I could eat."

Michael led me to the Aunty Anne's pretzel stand and he stopped behind the short line.

"What do you want?" Michael asked. I looked at the menu board, then at the display case.

I pointed to the cup of pretzel bites. "Can I have pretzel bites?" I asked looking back at Michael like a little child. Michael smiled cheekily.

"Okay, and a drink?" "Lemonade please." I smiled as Michael chuckled. "I owe you." I said feeling bad that Michael is actually paying for this, again.

"I told you, don't worry about it." Michael put his arm around my shoulder again and brought me close to his chest.

Sooner enough, we were next to order.

"Pretzels bites and a small lemonade for the lady." Michael told the woman at the other side of the counter. I lowkey blushed, him being silly.

The woman took out the pretzels bites and filled up a cup with lemonade. "Here you go, just $5.78." She said handing me the lemonade. Michael handed her 6 dollars and he got back his change.

"Thanks, Michael." I said sipping my lemonade. "Of course." He replied

We went to the couches and sat down. I let Michael eat some pretzels as I enjoyed my food like a little kid.

Then out of no where, Michael leans more next to me. "I'm not being nosy, but you seemed uneasy when I was talking to Luke."

And right there my heart skipped a beat. But I tried to remain normal and calm.

"What?" I replied hoping he'd expand on his statement. Michael sat back up straight as I tried to keep my stupid heart rate down.

"When you came back and I was talking to Luke, you wouldn't stand still. Not that there's a problem, but I felt an uneasy vibe around you." Michael explained. I looked at him, completely ignoring what he said.

"Vibe?" I slightly chuckled. I totally just blocked out what he said but that just caught me off guard. Michael sat back on the couch also chuckling, but then he settled.

"I'm serious." Michael continued. I put my lemonade down and finally turned to look at him. "And then when I said something about him and Francesca,"

I stiffened up a little bit, hoping it wasn't noticeable.

"That! That's what happened!" Michael suddenly exclaimed. "W-what happened?" "You stiffen up when I say something about Francesca and Luke." Michael said more calm.

I sighed looking down at my lap. I feel my cheeks heat up and I almost feel like I'm sweating.

"Ashlee is there something you're hiding?" Michael asks, putting a hand on my shoulder.

I shrug thinking if I should tell him. Do I trust him yet? He is a really nice guy; he pays for me, for which I should really owe him too, but besides that, Michael is a great guy. I mean what could go wrong?

~~~~~~~~~~
YAY I got another chapter done!! I seriously hope you guys are liking this story so far. I'm really trying my best to get to the climax BUT just keep reading on :)