❀ Chapter 10 ❀

it's just hanging out

"Hmm.." I hummed, staring into my closet with crossed arms. I was getting ready to 'hang out' with Michael, as he likes to call it.

Earlier Michael texted me:
- meet me at the mall at 2, sound good?

Of course I agreed, getting more excited than I was when I woke up. It's only 11 AM and I'm already picking out my clothes.

"Mom!!" I called out from my room, hoping my voice would make it to hers.
"Yeah?!" I heard my mom scream back.

I walked to my door and peeked my head out. Fortunately my mom's room is at the end of the hallway so as I peek out, she's already looking at me.

"Did you wash my red flannel?" I asked. My mom was watching tv, and she stared as I waited for an answer.

"Yeah, it's in the basement, go get it."

I walked out of my room and skipped down the steps to my first floor, then skipped down another flight of steps to my basement. I went to the rack and found the red flannel, already washed and ironed.

I smiled, taking the clothing piece and walking back up to my room.

"Ashlee, slow down! You don't have to leave until 1:50!" My mom called. She has a point; I don't live far from the mall. But I was just so excited and I couldn't wait.

"It's fine!!" I playfully said looking back at my flannel. "I just want it to be perfect." I muttered more to myself.

Grinning, I put my red flannel on my bed. Then going back to my closet, I picked out a grey shirt that said 'forget about it'. Next I pulled out my leggings and red converse. I admit, I color coordinate a lot.
                                       ~✿~
After walking through the mall doors, the sound of people talking filled my ears. I walk into the mall, stepping into the large building. I stood in the middle looking around at first, hopefully to find Michael.

I whipped out my phone, and before I could text him, two hands covered my eyes and a smile spread across my face.

"Guess whoooo." That familiar voice sang. I giggled, turning around to meet... The now red haired boy.. "Michael!!" I exclaimed throwing my arms around him.

He hugged back and it felt so comfortable. I pulled away from Michael and looked at his hair. At the party it was a blue and now it's a bright red.

"Changed your hair color?" I pointed out playing with some strands. Michael chuckled shrugging.

"Yeah, I get bored from time to time." "Well, it looks good." I patted his shoulder turning back to the mall.

"It's so nice to actually see you again." I started off as we both began walking. Michael looked down rather shyly.

"Yeah same. Things are better when I see you in person." Michael smiled cheekily. I looked down feeling a little hot in the face. Compliments just get to me sometimes.

"So, uhm, where do you want to go first?" I asked Michael while we passed through a sea of people.

I looked up scanning all the stores, finding one that could interest both of us.

"Wanna go into Eureeka?" Michael said, his face lighting up. "Oh my god yes!!" I exclaimed, grabbing his hand and pulling him into the store.

"Sorry I just love this store." I said letting go of his hand. Michael giggled putting an arm around my shoulder. "Me too, Ashlee."

We went into the rather small store, walking around and looking at mugs that say "King Of Fucking Everything" or "Queen of Fucking Everything". There was another section with shock rings and or inappropriate jokes.

"Ashlee, look." Michael said catching my attention. I go walk to him and he hands me a rubber toy. "Squeeze it." He told me. I did so, and I almost jumped from the sound.

It squeaked so loud while there was a tongue that poked out every time you squeezed it. Sooner enough I kept squeezing it and it was rather entertaining.

I laughed at the little toy and Michael and I parted again.

Time passed and after looking around and having no interest of buying anything, I went to Michael.

"Michael can we go somewhere else?" I asked as nice as possible, not trying to sound like a child.

Michael turned around, with an emoji plush in his hands. "Yeah sure." Michael put down the toy and began walking. I followed him and he asked, "Where do you want to go?"

"I want to go into Forever 21, but if you don't want to-" "No no, it's fine." Michael interrupted putting his hands up. "Are you sure? You won't be doing anything there." Michael shrugged.

"So? Later we can go to my favorite store, after we go to yours." Michael grinned reassuringly. I smiled, soon finding Forever 21.

I walked into the store, and as soon as I began looking for stuff, Michael was following me like a lost puppy.

"Oooh! How does this look?" I giggled picking up a black fedora and placing it on my head. Michael grinned looking down at me.

"It looks great, Ashlee." Michael smiled. I took off the hat and went to the jewelry section.

I scanned all the rings, looking at the different designs and colors. I picked one out, a simple flower on a ring.

"That one is pretty." Michael said behind me. I turn over my shoulder and grin at him. "You think?" I put it on my finger, with the black plastic still attached to it.

Michael shrugged backing up. "I like it. It suits you." I smiled looking down at the ring. "I guess I'll buy it."

I began walking to the register, and told Michael to wait outside for me. He did so, as I waited in line.

~

After saying 'Thank you' to the cashier, I carried the small black back and went to the doors. There, I already saw the red-haired boy waiting, but he looked like he was talking to someone.

As I approached the doors, the face to whom Michael was talking to became more clear.

My eyes widened and my heart jumped a little. Realizing I might look like an idiot, I tried to keep it cool.

~~~~~~~~~~
dun dUN DUUNN!! Who is it? Ashlee was just having a nice day, until 'it' happened :O Just keep scrolling and find out ;)