❀ Chapter 2 ❀

school is just another day

*BEEP BEEP BEEP*
My ears opened to the obnoxious alarm. With my face pressed on the pillow, I threw my hand to try to hit the button at the top of the clock.
*BEEP BEEP BEEP*

With frustration, I lifted my head up to look for the stupid button. I hit it and the annoying sound stopped. I flopped back onto the pillow, groaning.
Monday.

Reminding myself I'm never gonna get anywhere in life if I stayed with my bed, I took all my will power and swung my legs to the side of the bed. I sat up in a huff, stretching and rubbing my eyes.

"Ashlee!!" I heard my mom's voice, and her fist knock on my door. "Get dressed!!" I sighed in exasperation, finally standing up.

"Mommy I want pancakes!!" I heard my little sister, Angela. She's 10, and we both have same hair color and eyes, if you were wondering.

I walked into my bathroom turning on the lights and squinting from the sudden brightness. Adjusting to the light, I picked up my toothbrush and brushed my teeth. Then I followed with washing my face.

I went back into my room, pulling out a flannel top and leggings. I changed my clothes and added a little makeup to myself look awake.

Then I went to the kitchen. As I made it to the bottom of the stairs, I put on my converse and smelled pancakes. As I approached the smell, I saw my sister pouring the batter into the pancake cooker.

"Ashlee!! Do you want one?" Angela asked turning to me. "Sure." I chuckled, knowing she's very proud of cooking her favorite food. I rubbed her messy hair, probably making it more messy.

"Ashlee, do you have your stuff ready for school?" My mom said next to Angela, flipping the pancakes.

"Yeah." I replied picking up a warm pancake and stuffing it in my mouth.

"Is it good?" Angela asked. I nodded holding up a thumbs up. Angela giggled going back to mixing the pancake batter.

Soon I heard my bus pull up in front of my driveway. I picked up my school bag, slinging it over one shoulder. "Bye mom, bye Angela." I said quickly running out and hopping on the bus.
~✿~
*social studies class*
"Okay, on the worksheet I'm letting you find a partner. But if it gets too loud in here you can all do it alone. Clear?" Our S.S. teacher, Ms. Lonnie said. We all agreed.

"Okay, go ahead." She said as everyone went to someone. I turned to Luke, who's in my class, which is a save because at least I'm working with someone I knew. But when I looked over at Luke, he already got up and went to Francesca, another girl in my class.

I dropped my hopeful grin and looked for someone else.

"Hey, Ashlee, wanna work together?" Shannon came up to me. "Oh, yeah sure!" I said as she took a seat next to me.

Durning the questions, I looked over at Luke and he was laughing with Francesca. I glanced back down at my paper starting to get this uneasy feeling in my stomach.

"Okay next question." My attention was back to the paper when Shannon continued. We kept working until Ms. Lonnie told us times up.

I saw Luke sit back at his seat after smiling at Francesca. I looked to the front, trying to ignore this weird feeling and focus on the lesson.
~✿~
*end of school*
I put what I needed in my bag and put the lock on my locker.

"Ashlee, you ready for our project?" Calum's voice came behind me. "Yeah, I'm just gonna have to go home and get the stuff." I said.

Calum slapped his hands at his sides. "You couldn't have just brought it to school?" Calum sighed.

"It's a lot of stuff, chill." I said to Calum going outside the school building. I found my mom's car and went in the passenger seat.

Hey." I said smiling at my mom and finding Angela in the back seat. After I closed the door, I waved to Calum through the window and he waved back. Then my mom drove home.
~✿~
*at Calum's house*
Calum opened the door to me holding two big bags filled with foam spheres, paints, clay, and random junk.

"Oh that's why.." Calum mumbled. I hummed a 'yes' and walked through the door. "Just bring it to my room and I'll follow." Calum said.

I walked past Calum's living room, finding Luke sitting on the couch.

"Luke?" Luke turned around as if he was excited. "Oh hey." He said in a disappointing tone. "Project thing?" He asked. "Yeah." I replied.

"Why are you here?" I asked starting to go up the stairs. "Because I kinda live here." Luke shrugged, grinning. Rolling my eyes, I continued up the stairs.

I knew Calum's house like it was my own. So I opened Calum's room, followed with band posters and music CDs stacked against the wall. I put down the bags on his bed as Calum walked in his room.

"Man, I love your room." I sighed looking around like its the first time I have. Calum smiled. "You say that everytime."

"Because it's true!" I said in a 'duh' voice. "Okay let's just get this over with." Calum sighed rummaging through the big bags, the sound of crumpling plastic filling the room.

I went to look through the other one he wasn't digging in. I pulled out a foam sphere and paint, putting them up in the air for show.

"Everything starts with something." I shrugged opening the paint bottle and putting the green paste on the sphere. Calum shook his head laughing.

"Mr. Heron had to pair me up with you."

~~~~~~~~~~
Another chapter done! How do you like it? Who's your favorite character so far?