❀ Chapter 3 ❀

I'm okay

I molded a piece of clay to what should look like the nucleus of a cell. Calum was painting the colors on the model with red, blue, green, and some kind of purple he made by mixing red and blue. I put down the clay and my stomach growled...and it was awkwardly loud.

Calum chuckled. "Hungry?" He looked up at me. "Yeah." I sighed putting my hand to my stomach.

"There's some food in the fridge." Calum said motioning his head towards his bedroom door.

"Thanks, Cal." I grinned at him walking downstairs into his kitchen.

"Yeah, I think I like you."
"Me too.."

I heard two voices coming from the living room. I grew quiet coming down the stairs. The kitchen was only a room away, but my eyes were focused on two heads poking out of the couch. I tried to find out who was sitting with Luke. She had long straight brown hair and that voice - oh no...

"It's crazy because I'd never thought you'd notice me." Francesca, yeah it's her, said looking at Luke. I went up a couple steps to hide myself.

"I've had my eye on you." Luke said turning to Francesca. He brought his hand up to her face and tucked a piece of hair behind her ear. I started to feel that uneasy feeling. As if my heart broke...

I tip toed back up the stairs going back into Calum's room. Calum looked at me as I fiddled with the bottom of my shirt.

"I thought you went to go get food?" He asked. I turned to him and felt my face getting hot.

"Well...uhm...Luke invited a girl over a-and..." I tried to explain. But my heart rate increased and I was feeling overwhelmed. Calum nodded, but his eyebrows were furrowed.

"I think that's Francesca.Luke was expecting her..Ashlee?" He then said noticing my fidgeting.

"Huh??" My eyes widened, thinking I must've not heard him for a long time.

"Are you okay?" He asked putting down the paint brush. Calum walked over and placed a hand on my upper arm. I swallowed and nodded taking a small breath.

"Yeah...yeah I'm fine." I said totally calm. Wow.

"Did you finish painting?" I looked over at the mitosis model for biology. Calum nodded.

"Yeah we just have to put the parts together and that's it." He shrugged moving back to his desk.

"Okay, I'll help." I mumbled walking over to the desk and helping Calum put the organelles of the cell together.

I was still shaky from my sudden heart rate increase because I saw how Luke looked at Francesca and how he talked to her. Calum took a glance at me as I was fixing the model in the corner of my eye.

He looked like he wanted to say something, but his mouth remained shut.
~✿~
The next day at school was fine, I mean school and notes aren't exciting but you have to do it. But this day, at lunch, it wasn't fine anymore.

"Where is Luke?" Bailey, who sat next to me at the lunch table, asked. I shrugged as Calum didn't know either. But Calum glanced up at me like he knew something.

"Probably taking extra help." Bailey suggested. I went back to my food picking at the french fries.

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom." I said getting out of my seat and walking out the cafeteria doors. When I walked into the empty hallway, I had to cross it to get to the bathroom.

But then I hear two people giggling? Me being a snitch, I peeked around the corner, and I really wish I didn't.

Luke and Francesca were leaning against a wall, laughing. Luke then stood in front of Francesca and looked at her eyes. I started to get that uneasy feeling again.

The thing that happened next really put me off. Luke put his hand at Francesca's face, and he leaned in, closer and closer.

And he kissed her.

I turned away before I saw anymore. I shut my eyes hoping to forget it. That feeling in my stomach started to grow bigger and I didn't know how to control it. But as I were before, I went to go to the bathroom. I found the bathroom and went into the stall.

As I got out to wash my hands, that uneasy feeling had me shaking still. I kept looking down and somehow my heart felt really heavy.

I was too engrossed on how I felt, that when I was about to leave the bathroom I forgot to turn off the sink.

Walking back into the cafeteria I tried to seem casual. "What took you so long?" Bailey asked.

I shrugged. "I had to use the bathroom." I said in a questioning tone.

"Are you okay?" Calum asked. I looked up at him.

"Yeah.." I said kinda lying.

"I'm okay."
~✿~
I decided to tell call my mom so that she knows I'll be walking home from school instead of her driving me like she usually does. I thought I needed some fresh air and maybe get my exercise going.

After grabbing everything I needed for homework, I walked out the doors.

"Bye Ashlee!!" Bailey said from the doors. I waved to her, also to Luke and Calum who happen to be talking to her.

"Bye!!" I smiled at Calum and looked at Luke who smiled back. But then Francesca came at his side and turned his attention to her.

I dropped my smile skipping out the doors hoping to not get that feeling again.
Starting to walk home, I put in my headphones. It was pretty relaxing, getting out of the house and seeing everything.

Eventually I made it home. I took out my house keys and opened the front door. Soon Angela came up to me tugging my hand.

"Ashlee, do you wanna play?" Angela said eagerly. "I have to do my homework though." I said closing the door. Angela let go of my hand and her excited expression faded.

I felt bad, so I just decided. "Okay okay, we can play, but not too long I have to do my school work." I smiled. Angela got jumpy again, pulling me to the living room.

"Why are you so energetic, what did mom feed you??" I exclaimed.

"I ate strawberries earlier. I just wanna play with my favorite sister!!" She smiled. I giggled ruffling her hair.

"Thanks." "Okay what do you want to do? Draw self portraits or play doctor?" Angela asked. I picked doctor and Angela ran to go get her first aid kit.

Soon she came running back into the living room.

"Hello, I am Miss Angela and I will be your doctor today."

~~~~~~~~~~
Oh no, poor Ashlee :( How do you think Ashlee feels? Will she be able to get through it? Probably with her little sister, she can get it off her mind