❀ Chapter 6 ❀

heart split in two

"Oh, Bailey, this is Michael. Michael, this is Bailey." I introduced the two people. Bailey smiled and Michael waved.

"This is your friend?" Michael asked me. I nodded.

"Yeah I've been looking for her." I said, my voice raising its volume towards the end of the sentence towards Bailey.

"Oh yeah, Ashlee, it's getting late." Bailey pointed out. I checked my phone, and it read 12:47 pm.

"Oh shit. We should be getting home." I mumbled.

"It's only past midnight, why the rush?" Michael asked as I started to walk past him, but he followed.

"I promised my mom that I'd be back home by midnight." I replied walking towards Bailey.

"Wait, Ashlee!" Michael said making me turn around. "I wanna talk to you more." He smiled softly. I chuckled.

"Okay, give me your phone." I put my hand out, and after Michael unlocked his password, I went into contacts and added myself.

Then I gave him back his phone and said, "Text or call me when you can, yeah?" Michael nodded putting his phone in his pocket.

As I left the kitchen, Bailey and I walked side by side. I lifted my head up to look up in front of me, but then Bailey put and arm around me.

"Ashlee, keep your head down." She said.

"What are you talking about?" I looked at what's in front of me...

And I saw Luke and Francesca making out on the side wall. I looked at them; Luke's hands were holding her waist and Francesca's hands were running through his hair.

I must've stared too long because I felt Bailey tug my arm.

"Ashlee, cmon." She said pulling me out the door. My heart started racing, and that feeling came back into my stomach. I was walking slow, trying to process everything.

"Ashlee, you okay?" Bailey asked sympathetically. I nodded clearing my throat.

"Yeah...yeah no I'm fine." I said quickly looking down at my shoes.

"I know you're not..." Bailey said softly. She put a hand on my arm making me look up at her.

Then she held my hand, as best friends do, and started walking back to my house.

"What do you mean?" I asked as my heart started to slow down.

Bailey sighed. "I think you like Luke. Like more than a friend." Bailey answered. I looked at her as if I was shocked.

"What?! No I don't.." Bailey started swinging our arms back and forth.

"Listen, Ashlee. Calum has been noticing how you look at Luke, and he's been noticing your behavior when someone mentions Luke and Francesca." Bailey explained.

"...So he told you?" I asked quietly. Bailey nodded pursing her lips. I looked down, hearing the steps of our feet on the pavement.

"And I started to believe it. He does have a point, the way you look at Luke." Bailey continued.

"And now I actually know because you stared at Luke and Francesca in the hallway." I looked down again at my shoes stepping in front of the other.

"I don't know what happened. We're friends and I want to keep it like that." I said stiffly. Bailey slightly chuckled.

"I know you don't, you like him!!" I whined looking at back up in front of me.

"Is that bad? Is it wrong to like someone who's already dating someone else?" I asked rather slowly.