❀ Chapter 5 ❀

new friend

"Okay this dress, or this one?" I asked Bailey turning around with two hangers, one in each hand.

We're getting ready for the party later, and Bailey came over so we could carpool.

Sat on the bed, Bailey looked at the dresses. One was a black fit and flare with sequence on the torso. The other one was a another fit and flare, but it was red with black roses. The bottom half had a split for the leg on the right.

"The black one suits you well, but then the red one makes you look hot." Bailey grinned. I giggled looking at the red dress.

"Red it is." I put the black one back in my closet and and put the red dress down across my bed.

"What about you?" I asked Bailey. She got up from the bed walking past me out my bedroom door.

"It's in my car hold on."

Waiting for Bailey, I went to the bathroom and washed my face, putting on the mask afterwards. When I went back into the room waiting for my mask to dry, Bailey came in the door and jumped back. I looked at her confused.

"Oh my god you scared me." She sighed. I chuckled. "Good job. You get scared by a girl with a face mask on." Bailey rolled her eyes, placing her dress next to mine on my bed.

"I'm gonna be right back." Bailey said before going into my bathroom. I put on body lotion, dragging up up and down my legs and on my arms.

Then Bailey came out of the bathroom also with face mask on. We both looked at each other and laughed.

"You look like a ghost." I commented closing the lotion bottle. "You looked like a ghost first." Bailey chuckled. I shook my head checking the time. 4:19 pm.

"We should get ready," I said turning my head to my mirror. "Party starts at 7 and it takes us two hours to get ready and 30 minutes to get to Calum's house." I planned out.

"You're such a scheduled person damn." Bailey said looking through her phone.

"I'm sorry I'm such a perfectionist." I shrugged.

"Now don't get cocky." Bailey pointed out. I rolled my eyes.
~✿~
Bailey and I made it up the steps of Calum's porch. "Are you sure we aren't late?" Bailey asked turning to me from the door.

"It's only 7:30, I bet no one is even there already." I shrugged. Bailey turned back to the door and knocked on it.

Seconds later, Calum opens the door with a red solo cup in his hands, disco lights and people behind him.

"Hey guys!! You finally made it!!" Calum yelled over the music.

"'I bet no one is even there already.'" Bailey said mocking me. I scoffed slapping her shoulder.

We both stepped into Calum's house suddenly being hit with the loud music and smell of alcohol and food.

"You guys look good!!" Calum yelled.

"Thanks!!" I replied back. Bailey brought a thumbs up. Calum nodded pointing to his kitchen.

"Food and drinks are over there if you guys would like." Calum said closer to my face so we wouldn't have to yell. I nodded walking to the kitchen. Bailey followed not to far.

We weaved through people until we made it to the quieter side of the house.

"Damn, who knew Calum could throw a party." Bailey chuckled. "Well he is the party type." I shrugged pouring myself soda.

No I don't drink, I'm not gonna go crazy. Bailey poured a beer and I looked over at her.

"I'm not carrying you home." I pointed out.

"Relax, I have self control." Bailey said sipping out of the red cup. I shook my head.

"Honestly, do you know these people?" I asked Bailey, looking through the door frame to the living room, where the mass of people were.

"I mean I've seen a couple people." Bailey answered. I took a sip out of my cup.

"Should we be talking to people?" I questioned.

"Might as well." Bailey replied walking out of the kitchen.
                                       ~✿~
Bailey and I were almost glued together at this huge party. We danced to some songs and talked to some people. But we never left each other, just incase some crazy dude came up to one of us. Ya know...the usual crap.

But just my luck, I lost Bailey in the dance floor. So many people flooded the living room and I couldn't call out her name or look around the room. So I just moved myself out of the sea of people and looked back, continuing to walk.

Suddenly I feel a body collide with mine.

"Oh, shit sorry." I heard some guy say in front of me. I look up at him and he had bright blue hair and an eyebrow piercing.

"Oh, no it's okay. I wasn't looking." I chuckled slightly. The guy turned his head slightly as if he didn't hear me.

"I'm sorry!!" I said louder. He nodded shoving his hands down his pockets.

"Are you alone?" He asked loud enough. I shook my head. Then the music started to grow louder. I opened my mouth but I knew I couldn't answer above the noise.

I pulled the blue haired guy into the kitchen, knowing it's quieter.

"Sorry it was too loud." I shrugged turning to face him. "Yeah, Calum can throw a damn party." The guy chuckled.

"Are you alone?" The guy asked again. "No, I lost my friend on the dance floor." I answered looking back over the sea of people.

Before things got awkward, I asked "What's your name?" "Michael." He answered.

"I'm Ashlee." I replied. Michael grinned. "The party isn't gonna dial down for a while so, you just wanna get to know each other?" Michael asked nervously. I giggled at him, but nodded.

"So how do you know Calum?" I asked. "Ohhhh well," Michael chuckled.

"I knew him since grade school. I'm kinda like an old friend." Michael answered. "But how do you know him?"

"We go to the same school." I replied. "Oh that's nice. How is he?" Michael asked again

"He's great!! I think he mentioned you once time a while ago." I chuckled.

"Nothing bad right?" Michael laughed. I shook my head.

"No no." I giggled.

"Ashlee?" I then heard Bailey's voice.

"There you are!" I exclaimed at her. Bailey smirked.

"Who's your new friend?"

~~~~~~~~~~
Looks like Ashlee met someone ;) This is where things get dramatic. Comment below what you predict next :D