❀ Chapter 17 ❀

rock bottom

The sun came through my window, blinding me as I stirred awake facing the window. I turned over in my bed and pushed my face into the pillow feeling the comfort. I stayed like this for a while, allowing myself to wake up slowly.

Sunday. The usual routine.

After getting up, checking my phone and laying in bed for a few more minutes, I go downstairs to the sound of my mom and sister making breakfast.

"Morning, Ashlee." My mom said rather chirpy. She put a plate of eggs and bacon in front of me after I sat on the table.

"What time did you get home last night?" My mom asked curiously. "I think around 2:30 AM? Calum's party was a mess afterwards." I half lied.

Am I really gonna tell her that I liked my friend and told him and got heart broken and then kissed someone else? It does sound like a story to tell.

"How was the party?" My sister asked. I looked over at her who sat next to me on the table with a plate of egg on toast.

"It was fun. Tiring too." I replied eating a piece of bacon. Angela nodded.

*ding ding* my phone suddenly went.

I look where I placed my phone next to me and I see a text sent from Michael.

- hey how are you doing?

I picked up my phone and instantly replied.

- I'm okay, just woke up. Thanks again for driving me home

- haha, no problem ;)

I stifled a laugh after seeing that winky face. I put my phone back down and went back to eating.

After eating, I did what I normally do. Homework. Today is gonna be a slow day...
~✿~
Monday. The worst day of the week. Actually, it's not that bad for me.

Come to think of it, from last night, will or did it affect anything? Something just feels off today...

As I was finishing picking out the books from my locker, I walked to homeroom. At the door I saw Luke and Francesca.

But it wasn't some normal, "Hey, Ashlee" from either of them. Francesca scowled at me and Luke didn't even look at me.

It's like now it's war, and there couldn't be a winner. It's like both opponents just scowl at each other and end up not talking to one another.

That's why something felt weird.

'Shit. If Francesca won't talk to me, or Luke won't even look at me, I'll probably lose them both. JUST FOR A FREAKING CRUSH REVEAL?! I don't wanna be the one who broke this friendship.'

The bell rang, and everyone piled into their homerooms for attendance and announcements.
                                       ~✿~
I didn't eat anything for lunch. I couldn't. This stupid guilt I have in my stomach made it feel as if it turned my intestines inside out.

"Yeah, and then he 'accidentally' punched his face and broke his nose." Calum told his story he wanted to share.

"Oh my god, what an idiot." Bailey commented.

I didn't say anything. I only stared at the empty table into front of me, making this awful feeling continue to grow into my chest.

"Ashlee are you okay? You look...kinda pale.." Bailey said, catching my attention. I lifted my head up to see my best friend's face. I shifted in my seat trying to think of something to say.

"I'm good.." I somehow muttered, my words not coming out of my mouth.

"Really? Is it about what happened the other night?" Bailey asked sympathetically. I sighed looking at her without any emotion. I just didn't know what to say, but only look at the table.

"Ashlee, you can tell us." Calum reassured rubbing my arm. I tried to ignore the ache in my chest as I figured out what words to say.

"Uhm...I don't think I should've told Luke. This morning he wouldn't even look at me. Francesca...s-scowled at me and walked away." I explained quickly, but added, "I feel like I'm gonna ruin our friendship. I never wanted that! I don't ever want it!! I'm just scared that if it happens, I'll forever blame myself."

I rested my head on my hand, which was propped on the table. I squished my cheek into my palm and looked across the lunch table feeling worried and scared.

"That's not gonna happen." Bailey stated. "Francesca doesn't understand that you support her and Luke. She's probably just a little jealous, for who knows what." Bailey shrugged going back to her food.

"And Luke," Calum began. "Maybe Francesca told him to not talk to you. Now, I don't know why he'd obey her in that kind of sense."

"You should straighten things out. Get both of them and you three talk together alone. If Francesca is being a stubborn bitch then I will force her. Also don't tell her I called her a bitch." I slightly giggled at Bailey's comment. Bailey grinned in satisfaction, having the ability to break me out of my bad moods.

The next minute, my phone buzzed.

When I opened the screen, a message came through with the contact name,

'Michael 😎'
1 Attatchment

I opened the text, and it was a selfie of Michael where he puckered his lips and crossed his eyes. Instantly I smiled and totally forgot about my earlier feeling.

"Woah since when did that frown go away?" Calum slightly chuckled. I put my phone down and shook my head.

"What was it?" He asked again. I shrugged nonchalantly.

"Just Michael sending selfies." I replied quietly. "Ooooooooh." Bailey cooed.

"Shut up!!" I protested giggling. 'Crapppp'

"So you gonna do it?" Calum randomly asked. I looked up at him wondering what 'it' was.

"You know, talk to Francesca?"

I sighed looking down again.

"I'll try."

~~~~~~~~~~
Hey I'm back :) I just had no motivation to keep updating and school is getting busy, but here's another chapter done!! Sorry it took a while, there's probably gonna be slow updates but until it's summer I will write more :} keep voting!!