❀ Chapter 7 ❀

anger replaces sadness

Another school day passed, and now everyone is going home. I shut my locker and carried my bag over my shoulder, walking towards the school doors.

And of course I had to pass Luke and Francesca on the way out. It's like the universe is trying to kill me.

"Ashlee!" I heard my name being called. I turned my head, and Luke was looking at me. I smile at him politely.

"I don't think you met Francesca." Luke said looking down at her. He had his arm around her waist and her hand was placed on his side.

"Hey, Ashlee." Francesca waved. I waved back.

"Hey."

Francesca is nice, I mean I never hated her for dating Luke, I'm not that low. She's a good person too! So I'd see why Luke likes her so much.

"Us and Calum and Bailey are gonna go to the mall. You wanna come?" Luke asked rubbing up and down Francesca's bicep.

'My friends...and my crush's girlfriend...I can live right?'
~✿~
I lived.

Or at least I'm surviving.

We all went to take a seat at the cafeteria of the mall, where all different kinds of fast food restaurants are.

Bailey and I sat next to eat other and Luke sat in between Calum and Francesca.

So far, I tried not to look at 'them' because whenever I do, Luke would be sneaking a kiss or Francesca would be playing with his hands. Not gonna lie, they are couple goals. A goal I'll never achieve...

"So what do you guys wanna eat?" Bailey asked looking around at all of the fast food places.

"I was just thinking a smoothie." I shrugged playing with my phone.

"Oh same! C'mon lets go." Francesca said enthusiastically. I looked up at her surprised as she jumped out of her seat.

"Ashlee, c'mon!" I took a breath and stood up from my seat walking side by side with Francesca. We walked into the line of the smoothie place and waited.

"Soooo, how's Luke?" I asked, my eyes reading the menu board. Francesca smiled.

"He's great! Perfect boyfriend material." She giggled. I smiled chuckling. "That's good."

"How did you guys meet?" I asked, starting to fiddle with my phone a little. Francesca took a moment, staring off into space.

"Well, we were working on that worksheet in our Social Studies class,"

My eyes almost widened. I remember that class...I was so happy to pair up with Luke, but he went to Francesca.

"And he just asked if we could work together. And it kinda started off there." Francesca smiled. I looked at her a nodded.

"Simple yet effective." I commented, getting closer and closer to the front desk. Francesca nodded.

Soon we got our smoothies and headed back to the table. When we got back, Bailey already bought a burger from Fat Burger and Calum and Luke bought teriyaki chicken and rice from Panda Express.

We all ate, and I just sat there drinking my smoothie...while Francesca shared her's with Luke while Luke fed her his food.

My heart began racing again.

'God dammit body!! Can't you control yourself?!' I yelled at myself through my thoughts.

I looked down into the cup of blended fruits still playing with my phone.

Suddenly I got a text from Bailey? But she's sitting right next to me.

- are you okay?

I typed back:
- I guess
- I think I wanna go home

~~~

Walking around the mall, we stayed in a group, and Luke and Francesca never seemed to let go of each other. As for Bailey and Calum, I know they know I like Luke...or love him, no we'll stay with like.

"They're making me sick." I whispered to Bailey as Francesca giggled into Luke's chest. Bailey looked over and nodded towards Calum.

"Ashlee?" Calum caught my attention. "Something wrong?" I shrugged continuing to walk.

"I wanna go home." I said firmly trying to block out Luke and Francesca. Calum put a hand on my back and patted my spine. "I'm sorry you feel this way."

"I fucking hate it." I replied now getting angry. "They won't notice I left so just say my mom needed something."

And right there I turned the other direction and left my group of friends. I headed for the doors and looked back at Bailey and Calum. Bailey mouthed 'text me' and I nodded. Calum waved goodbye and I did too. Luke didn't even see me, and that made me storm out of the building.

I began walking home, which isn't a problem. It's only 5 blocks from my house anyways.
~✿~
I opened my front door and shut it quietly. I was going to slam it but I just remembered my mom and my sister.

I was so angry.

Now the thought of Luke and Francesca makes me jealous and sick!!

Yes, I'm jealous. I admit it.

I went up to my room, and flopped on my bed. I stayed there trying to calm myself down. But it was that anger that turned into tears.

I got up from my bed and carefully wiped away a tear that slipped. I went to grab my pjs and I put them on. I threw my other clothes in the laundry basket. I was sniffling and my vision was blurry. I blinked and more tears kept falling.

Laying down on my bed, I picked up my phone and decided to watch YouTube videos to hopefully cheer me up.

But suddenly my phone started to ring. The caller ID was unknown, so I just answered.

"Hello?" I answered still sniffling.

"Hello? Ashlee? It's Michael."

I began to smile, wiping my cheeks and sniffling.

"Hey Michael."

"Are you okay? You sound like you're crying." Michael asked concerned. I quickly thought of a cover up.

"I was just watching something sad. I'm okay though." I chuckled turning in my bed so I faced the ceiling.

"What's up?" I asked.

"Nothing. I was bored so I thought about you." Michael replied with a smile on his voice.

"Aww." I laughed now smiling. Wow, Michael made me smile.

"So, what do you wanna talk about?" I then asked the blue haired boy.

"Tell me things about yourself." He replied. I smiled feeling my heart jump a little.

And we talked for almost 3 hours, telling each other about ourselves and finding similarities. It's like a miracle, Michael actually distracted me from you know who. I didn't even have to tell him what wrong.

Yes I lied, but I can't trust him yet.

~~~~~~~~~~
Now Ashlee is frustrated :/ but Michael saves the day WOO!! Anyone know what's gonna happen next? Stay tuned !¡