Chapter 5

Willa looked around the circular drive at Bob Hope Airport. She glanced down at her phone. According to the app her Uber driver was in a white Tacoma, shielding her eyes from the sinking sun she spotted the car and waved. The driver pulled up and she got in the car, placing her overnight bag next to her. The driver turned around, she was middle aged woman with a motherly face.

"Hello, I'm Sandy" she said kindly.

"Hi, I'm Willa" she smiled.

"Willa...wait are you one of those hologram people at Disney?"

"Yes." Willa confirmed, being used to that question.

"I thought you looked familiar! My youngest daughter was obsessed with you guys in middle school. Especially the one called Philby, she would die if she knew I was telling you this!" She laughed. "So are you here for Disney stuff?"

"No, actually, I'm just here to visit my boyfriend" Willa said.

"Oh, how nice! What's his name?"

" Actually my boyfriend is Dell Philby from the Kingdom Keepers"

"Well isn't that wonderful! He's a handsome young man! My daughter will be jealous when she hears about this!" She joked. Willa laughed along with her.

"Yeah, we are trying a long distance relationship. It's been hard but I'm surprising him this weekend with a visit!" Willa didn't know why she was admitting this to this practical stranger, but something about Sandy reminded her of her mom, and she needed to talk.

"Well, you know what they say, distance makes a heart grow fonder! Besides, if you two really love each other than you'll be able to figure it out. The key is communication. My husband had to move halfway across the country for work when we were first engaged. We talked everyday as often as possible and never had a problem."

"Wow. That's so awesome!" Willa said.

"It's a bit of a miracle story, not all relationships work out that way, but if you two are really committed and can work together than you can really make it."

"That helps a lot, thank you." Willa gratefully said. The conversation moved on to how they became a couple and by the time they were pulling up to the Disneyland Resort entrance, Willa felt lighthearted, especially when she thought of seeing Philby again.

She had called Amanda and told her her plan and Amanda had gotten Jess and Philby to come to Disneyland that evening. She sent a quick text to Amanda,

I'm here, where are you at?

She had entered the park and was walking through Mainstreet before Amanda texted back

We just got in line for Space mountain

Willa navigated through the surging crowds and made her way up the walk to the line of Space Mountain. She spotted Philby's red head first, thankfully his back was turned. She made her way through the line, trying to keep her down, the last thing she needed was for someone to recognize her. Amanda spotted her and smiled discreetly. She crept up behind Philby,standimg on her tiptoes she covered his eyes

"What the-" He uttered.

" Guess who" Willa said.

" Wait-" He turned suddenly disbelief lighting his eyes "Willa!" He hugged her tightly. "How did you get here?"

"I had a free weekend and thought I would surprise you!"

"Well it worked!" He smiled taking her hand. Willa laughed and leaned her head on his shoulder. Jess, Amanda and Willa all exchanged hugs and they started talking. This weekend was going to be amazing.