Chapter 10

"Hey," Philby said turning to Willa in a moment that they were alone.

She turned to him with an expectant look on her face.

"Look, I'm sorry about all this week. I don't know what's wrong with me."

" It's okay, I've had my own share of issues" Willa admitted."I guess I didn't think it was going to be this hard."

"Well, statistically speaking our relationship has very low odds of working out" Philby stated putting on his professor voice.

"Dell are you serious? You're making our relationship about science and statistics!?"

"What!? No. I'm just saying logically, we don't have the best odds"

"So your just going to give up on us. Way to be romantic" Willa rolled her eyes.

"Oh come on, you know quite well that's not what I'm saying," Philby stated irritated, his British accent getting stronger as he got more upset.

" You know what-" Willa was interrupted by Finn coming in, Amanda on his back, both of them laughing loudly.

"Whatever." Willa muttered and left the room swiftly, Finn and Amanda quieted down and exchanged looks with each other and then Philby.

"Dude, what's going on with you two?"

"I don't know." Philby said getting up and following Willa out of the room.

Amanda slid off Finn's back, she looked at him

"That was dumb."

"Why! I was trying to help, Philby didn't have to be such a jerk." Finn exclaimed.

"Finn, the last thing a fighting couple needs is a friend butting in and asking stupid questions." Amanda told him.

"I wouldn't know, we never fight" Finn joked flirtatiously.

"Oh yeah, in my dreams." Amanda sarcastically responded. Finn just reached out and pulled her into a hug laughing.
_______________________________________

"I really am sorry about all the arguments, I don't want to fight" Willa said looking up at Philby. Christmas break was over and he had taken her to the airport.

"I know, I'm sorry too, for real. You know I can be insensitive. I'll see you soon?" Philby asked, Willa sensed the question behind the question. He was really asking "Are we still trying? Are we still together?"

"Yes, I don't want to give up on us Philby." Willa said moving to hug him. He pulled her close,

"Me either." He said.

"I have to go" Willa said standing on her tiptoes to kiss his cheek. "I love you"

"I love you too."

Willa walked away to the security check. She glanced back, Philby offered a half hearted smile.