Chapter 13: Maria

That feeling you get when your throat gets dry and it feels like someone is sliding down your mouth with sand paper. When you are on the verge of tears, that if you blink hard enough you might just start at any second. That moment I felt right there.

"Of course not..." I barley spoke as a whisper, my dry voice piercing the quiet, thick air.

"T-Tess.. I just-" Arai stumbled.

"It's ok. I get it." I rubbed my locket nervously. I picked my head up and glanced at Tamaki, he didn't seem fazed by the name drop.

"I'm sorry." Arai seemed defeated, that was the only thing he could say.

"You should be." All eyes glared over to me, as if I had just dropped a new born.

"Harsh..." I heard Kaoru say next to his twin brother.

I glared back at Kaoru and then to Arai. "At least he know why." I turned to make my leave.

"What was that Tess!?" Tamaki jumped in front of me blocking me from leaving. "Apologize!"

"A-Apologize?! You had GOT to be kidding me!?" I was flabbergasted. Did he really have the neave.

"Now!" He pointed, being the whole 'father' part of him out. I dragged over to where the boy stood. He had sad soft eyes, but frankly I didn't care. I knew he felt some sorrow for me, but it was pity. He pitied my entire life.

"Sorry..." I said whole heartedly. And at the last second turned on my heels and glanced behind my shoulder. "Not sorry." I daggered my eyes through his shocked ones. Maybe he really did think I was going to apologize to his sorry ass. But I sure as hell wasn't.

"Tess!" Tamaki breached. "That doesn't count."

"Does in my book, for what he did to me! What he did to my si-" I chocked on the last words and brushed them off. They couldn't know.

"What was that?" The dark lord himself snickered, Kyoya.

"Nothing." I hissed threw clenched teeth. I walked up the stairs to my room. I let a few tears fall down my face as i clenched the door knob. I heard pitter-patter of another following me.

"Haruhi?" I turned around and met the brown eyed girl.

"Spill..." She her arms crossed. Trying to look somewhat scary. But once she saw my tears she rushed over into a huge hug.

~

"Ok start from the beginning you're blubbering, I can't make out a word." At this point I was a hot mess, minus the hot part. I was covered in my own wet tears and some how I changed into swear pants an tissues were practically devouring the floors. Her warm hands were rubbing my back in circles.

"Well, before Tamaki and I met, I met Arai. It was so long ago I don't even remember how or why we became friends... But we did. It was during the summer when I was visiting Japan. You know here." I sniffled consistently after every sentence.

"Mmhum..." She nodded to go on.

"And well... I-" I breathed deeply, I could trust her. Haruhi is a good girl and has a quiet mouth, I told myself.

"I.... Had... A sister." She froze.

"H-had..." Haruhi whispered. More tears fell as I wiped them away.

"Twin... Actually. Maria." The name hurt so bad.

She made a noise.

"Her and I were best friends, like any twin. I was the younger one by 7 minutes. I always looked up to her. She taught me how to sing and play piano, she was like my own private teacher." I sadly chuckled on to my story.