Chapter Six; Unexpected Surprises

"Awh, come on, Zac! Why did you pick the scariest movie out of all of them?!" I whined.

Zac was on the floor trying to put the movie in.

"You're the one who rented it! Besides, Halloween isn't that scary,"

"You don't think Michael Myers is scary?"

He chuckled and shook his head. "You're just being a baby," he opened up a box of Mike & Ike's and popped one by one in his mouth. He sat down next to me, pulling the blanket over his legs.

"I've never liked this movie..." I muttered, crossing my arms.

He lightly slapped my arm. "Stop being a wuss. The last time you've seen it was when you were 9,"

"Why do you think that is?" I made a face.

The movie started playing and I really didn't like where it was going. There was a guy in a white van who was following this kid who was walking and kidnapped him. I groaned.

Zac popped some more candy in his mouth. His phone kept going off but I told him that he was mine tonight, and that he wasn't allowed to be on his phone. He still wouldn't tell me who it was and honestly, I just stopped caring.

A scary scene came on where Michael Myers jumped out of a trash can to kill someone. I screamed and covered my eyes with the blanket.

"You're such a wuss," Zac just laughed at me, it's like he loves to see me be scared.

I stuck my tongue out of him and hid back under the blankets. Zac stole them from me and we got into this playful argument over the blanket. I stood up, thinking I could be stronger to be able to take the blanket back. Zac was stronger than I thought.

I pulled with all my might and then Zac just suddenly let go. I fell back and landed straight on my butt. That was going to leave a bruise.

Zac was laughing so hard, amused by my pain. I acted like it hurt really bad and that I needed help. I stuck my hands out. He rolled his eyes, coming to help me up. As soon as I got ahold of his hand, I yanked him down with me.

Except for the fact that he landed on top of me instead of to the side.

Zac's eyes were wide and staring into mine. I blushed, not wanting him to move. He immediately stood up, placing his hand on the back of his neck.

"I... I think I should go,"

I sat up, confused. "What? Why? We were just having fun,"

He hurriedly put his shoes back on, and rushed out of my house. I sat there, wanting to cry. This wasn't like Zac at all. Now I am going to be alone tonight. My dad and Katie were out seeing a movie that I've always wanted to see but I didn't accept their invite because Zac and I usually hang out tonight.

Now what am I gonna do?

I could always try to contact Alice?

Alice, are you busy tonight? - Meredith

I waited forever for a text back.

Sorry, Mer! I'm a little busy tonight, you should've asked sooner. - Alice

Busy? How could I ask? She was pretty much either ignoring or avoiding me ever since the last time I talked to her. Maybe William was free?

Hey! Are you busy? - Meredith

Hey, M! No, I'm not busy. Why? Is something up? - William

Nothing is wrong. Zac ditched me so now I'm home alone. Do you want to hang out? - Meredith