Chapter Eighteen; I Don't Ditch

DISCLAIMER; I know I haven't written this story in a longggg time, but I just reread it and fell in love with it all over again. I most likely lost my readers and I don't blame y'all. I've been going through depression and a lot of issues that I had to deal with. I hope you guys enjoy and I'm sorry if it isn't good.

-

My feelings for Zac were starting to fade the more I hung out with William. William was always there and treats me way better than Zac ever has. William and I have gotten so much closer & Zac has become more distant. He's like a completely different person now. It's strange... how does a month and a half completely change someone?

William has stopped flirting with other girls as much as he used to. Alice started to notice and she became distant herself. I never would've thought I would lose two of my childhood best friends, but it's funny how life works. Maybe it was for the best. William hasn't tried to kiss me since the last time because I told him I wanted to take things slow and get over Zac completely before I hopped into anything with him. He was very understanding of it, even though I do miss his kisses...

"Can you chomp on those chips any louder?" I ask William.

He looked over at me and smirked. "I mean... I sure can!" He started opening his mouth wider and chewing more excessively. It's crazy how I can hear him over the roar of students talking in the cafeteria.

I rolled my eyes. "I'm gonna go get some chicken fingers," I grabbed a $5 bill out of my purse.

"Could you get me some fries?!"

I sighed. "I mean... I sure I can!" I started mocking him from earlier. He chuckled.

"I would like BBQ sauce to dip them in please,"

I looked at him in disgust. "BBQ sauce? For fries? Why can't you be normal and choose something like, ketchup or ranch?"

"Normal? Ha! Not in my nature. Don't knock it till you try it,"

I shrugged as I got out of my seat. I headed over to the hot line. Several girls were gossiping in front of me and it seemed like they were looking back at me as they were doing it. I ignored it, thinking I was just overreacting. I recognized one of the girls... she was in lunch detention with me. She was the one who kept looking back.

"Katelyn?" I asked loud enough for her to hear.

Her eyes widened and she turned away from me. Was she trying to avoid me?

"Is there a reason why you keep looking back here?"

She slightly turned her head, looking at me through her long eyelashes. "Not necessarily you...." she started. I turned around to see who she could possibly be staring at. I saw William and Zac standing face to face with each other and it didn't look like a nice conversation.

What the hell? I tried to hurry through the line to get my food and hurried back to the table. Zac saw me coming and left before I could say anything. I handed William his fries with his BBQ sauce and sat down in front of him. His face seems dark and pissed off.

"William? What happened? Why was Zac over here?"

He didn't answer me, placing a fry in his mouth.

"William?"

"Meredith," he grabbed my hand "not now. Please. I would like to enjoy my lunch,"

"Can we talk about it later?"

He nodded once. "Thanks for the fries. I owe you," his tone returned back to the normal William tone I have grew to love.

"Joe's Ice Cream Palace?"

"I have something even better," he grinned. He leaned over the table to get closer to me. "Wanna ditch and go to my place?"

My eyes widened. Ditch? I've never ditched before and I felt bad just even thinking about it. "I've never ditched... we will get in trouble,"

He shook his head. "Nah, don't worry about it. I didn't think a priss like you would ditch anyway," he challenged me.

"Count me in," I smirked.

He sat back. "Perfect," he chuckled to himself.