Chapter Sixteen; Feelings Are Mutual

"I am really sorry, Meredith. I should have done more," William said, quietly as he pushed my front door shut. He took his cape off and pulled his fake vampire teeth out of his mouth.

"It's fine, William. Forget about it," please do. That is all I wanted to do; forget about Zac and his annoying ass girlfriend. If Zac didn't want me then that's fine. William plopped down my couch and turned the T.V on. A typical scary movie was on so I rolled my eyes. Halloween needs to be over.

I went into the kitchen to find a note that my dad left saying that they weren't going to be home tonight. I sighed, and went to the freezer to grab some ice cream.

Rocky Road. My favorite.

I grabbed two spoons and went back into the living room. William was texting on his phone but smiled when he saw me with the ice cream. He pretty much turned into a little kid and it was honestly cute.

William and I dug into the ice cream and it felt heavenly on my tongue. I haven't had ice cream since the last time I hung out with Zac. William looked over at me and smiled.

"You're being weird, stop it," I say as I shove another spoonful in my mouth.

He chuckled. "Can I not smile, Mer?"

"Why would you?"

He got quiet after that and didn't speak for a while. He put his spoon down and crossed his arms. "Meredith, you know how I feel about you, right?"

The question made me uncomfortable. Yeah, I knew how he felt about me. He kissed me any chance he got but he has never truly stated his feelings for me. Was he expecting me to feel the same back? I mean, I did like him but I'm so hung up on Zac that it's impossible to let go.

"Yes...."

He raised an eyebrow. "Yes? Without question?"

I slightly nodded, wanting to get off of this topic. "What do you think of the movie?"

He gave me a cold look. "We are going to talk about this,"

I gulped. "Why do we have to?" I fiddled around with the melting ice cream, making swirls with my spoon.

"I get that this makes you comfortable but I'm so sick of hiding my feelings. I have tried in any way that I could to make it clear to you without having to actually tell you and you're being impossible. I'm not trying to be mean but you're kinda leading me on here..."

I was shocked. "Leading you on? William, you're the one who keeps kissing me first. I don't make any of the moves; you do. What do you want me to tell you? I'm still hung up on Zac and-"

He cut me off. "If you were still majorly hung up on Zac then you wouldn't have let me kiss you? Yes, I kiss you because I like you, Meredith. There. I said it. Now please, tell me what you want to be. Friends? Or a couple? I'm fine with either one,"

My mouth was dry. I didn't know what to say. I did like William. He was attractive, funny, smart, and he never turned me down to hang out with me. I just wish I got to know him better when he became friends with Zac because then maybe I would have liked him way sooner.

"I...I don't know what to say..." Why can't I tell him how I felt? Was it true feelings that I felt for him or was it just a fling that will go out the window if Zac tries to come back into my life? I don't want to hurt him.

He sighed heavily. "It's not hard to tell me what's on your mind,"

"William, I do like you, okay?" A smile spread across his face. "But I'm afraid that maybe it's just an infatuation and I'm scared I will leave you as soon as Zac comes back into my life,"

"If  he comes back," he huffed. "He left you once, what makes you think he won't do it again? He told you how he felt. A drunk mind speaks sober thoughts," William sounded angry.

"You do know I don't have any relationship experience, right?"

"Neither do I... I have only liked a few girls and the last one became a bitch and cut me off,"

Alice. He was so in love with her and she broke his heart by dating her long distance boyfriend. She never spoke to him again once she started hanging out with her new friends.

"Does that mean you're a....?" I didn't wanna finish the question.

He looked over at me. "A what?"

I avoided eye contact. This was awkward. "Virgin?"

He started laughing to the point where he couldn't breathe. Once he settled down, he touched my leg. "Fuck no. Meredith, I may have not dated but I can assure you, I know what I'm doing if that's what you're worried about," he winked at me playfully.

I shifted, uncomfortable with how this conversation went. "Okay," I said quietly.

His face became serious as he grabbed my hand. "Are you a..? I'm sorry if I offended you. I just-I didn't know,"

I had to lie to him. I didn't want him to think I was a total loser. "God no," I chuckled nervously. I was worried he would see right through me.

His facial features relaxed and he breathed a sigh of relief. "Okay, I was worried I offended you,"

I stood up and went to put the melted ice cream away. Hopefully my parents didn't notice how bad off it was. My costume was itchy and all I wanted to do was get into some sweatpants and a t-shirt. My mind fluttered with the thought. I told William I was going to change as I ran up the stairs and into my room.

Once I shut the door I was welcomed with a wave of relaxation. My room was the one place that could comfort me. I went into my bathroom to look at my god awful, hair sprayed hair. I climbed out of the costume, and took the pins out of my hair. I hopped into the warm shower and breathed in the steam. Once I was done I threw my hair into a wet, messy bun, and started searching for clothes. I saw my sweatpants under my bed so I bent down to grab them.

"Oh shit, I'm so sorry," I heard a males voice say as he frantically shut my door.

I jumped, quickly turning around with my towel on me. I went over to the door and opened it.

"I am so sorry, Mer. I was searching for a bathroom. I should have knocked first," his voice sounded frantic and out of breath. I looked down at his pants to see an outline of his dick.

"Yeah, maybe you should knock once in a while," I teased. His face was apologetic.

"Like I said, I'm sorry. It won't happen again. Where's the bathroom?"

I pointed down the hall to the left and he quickly nodded and headed in that direction. I shut my door and slid down to sit. I can't believe that happened. I don't think he did it on purpose but now William has seen my bare ass. Great.

I also saw how hard he got and that kinda boosted my self esteem up a little bit. Nobody has ever looked at me in that way before and honestly, it was nice. Once I finished getting dressed I heard a knock at my door.

"Okay good, you're decent," William says, his face relaxing.

"What do you want?"

He hesitated. "I'm gonna head out. Thank you for everything and I'm also sorry about a lot of things," William headed for the stairway, but before he went down he turned around and looked at me and said "by the way, nice ass,"