Chapter 25: Anita

Now, theres something you need to understand about politics. This applies not only to us but other kinds as well, including vampires and witches. Each kind has their own rules, and our kind has no almighty group to govern ours. Our rules our engraved in our essence from the moment we are born. That is our law. You don't kill your mate, you don't abuse your pack, you don't kidnap, you don't attack another packs without valid reason. Get it? 

As I said their is no higher-archy, no fairytale werewolf council. The only forms of authority are actual law (government laws) which are essentially similar (no killing, illegal substances, kidnapping is bad and blah) you know-blue and red flashing lights? 

For wolves, the second authority are Alphas. They tend to have unmatched strength to regular wolves; and you may think 'Isn't that kind of corrupted?' and yeah maybe you're right, but, their power is balanced with protective instincts. Said instincts are heightened also; And therefore, Alpha's tend to be the peacemakers and the ones we follow. It is very difficult for a wolf to become an Alpha, the title isn't just handed to you. 

And before we get to the big issue (being Cole) that's been going on for a while, I just want to address the one at hand. 

I am baffled

So I did as I was told and watched over the pack. But, the more I watched them... How the hell did Reese become an Alpha

My mate exhibits no protective instincts of any kind, and I can say this because, right now he's got one of his warriors suspended in the air, with a hand clamped around their neck as their struggle for air? Again, I am baffled.

What happened to normal Reese- not Reese? 

"Ga-h le-t g-o!" The choking warrior, Mark, managed to cough out. Yes, I learned his name.

Reese just stood there, growling, in the middle of the kitchen- always the kitchen- anger rolling off of him in waves. I remained rooted in the doorway, shocked. 

Around me, all the other pack members were acting casual, like this was an everyday occurance. Two mums remained gossiping in front of the Tv. Mickey and Jack were watching the football game. Lemnen had a bored expression as he played on a phone- not his, he doesn't have one. I don't know who's it is. 

"Um..." I know what you're thinking, 'Maybe this is a one off, it's probably justified. The guy probably did something.'

No. He was simply eating breakfast, a bowl of cheerios.

"Reese? what are you doing?"

Mark's eyes flickered up to meet my gaze. 

Before I could blink, he was chucked through the window. 

Crash!

Oh my socks! What the hell? 

Shocked. Completely, utterly shocked. That's the fifth person today. He's thrown just about everyone in this house except for me and the children. Even Max got thrown into a wall this morning.

"The fuck was that?" I screech. Trust me, the pitch was new to me too, I grated my own ears.

Reese turned to me, "If they can't handle a small booboo then they don't deserve to relax. Mark! By the time I'm out there you better be training!"

I hear a faint, "Yes Alpha...thank you Alpha..."

Oh, I guess that can be included as a display of...protective- uh- instincts...

Before I could give him a piece of his mind, he flipped it on me, "Hows the socialising going?"

I froze, "Uhhh. Ok? Yeah, alright. Quite well-ish..."