Chapter 6: Finding things

Leaves crunched beneath my boots, as we wondered through the forest.

It had been a little over 4 months since I had left Bane, to continue my journey in search of my supposed biological father. Stopping in little towns, looking for any info. Got one, his name was supposedly Cole, he owns a shadow pack near the cliffs. So thats where we went.

I clutched the black Katana at my side, Bane's. He had given it to me before I left.:

 I felt nauseous from the gory sight in front of me, already I could feel bile rising in my throat. The customers sat idly by as if what had just happened was normal.

"Clean this mess up" Bane ordered to no one in particular.

Images of the gory corpse flashed through my mind, embedding itself into my memory and two burley men with tattoos all over them shoved the body parts into a plastic bag and dragged it outside. 

"li'l girl" Bane stopped me before I could leave, I turned to face him. He threw the katana at me, lucky for me my reflexes were still intact. I just stared at him as he continued "If you're lookin' for him, you're gonna need it."

I hesitated and looked at the puddles of blood on the floor. Why do  I always befriend killers? 

Bane's eyes narrowed as if he were reading my mind "listen li'l girl, you're gonna have to get over it and used to seein' dead bodies if you don't wanna be the one six feet under. Got it?" He said, his voice dangerously low.

I swallowed. He was right, if I wanted to survive I had to stop playing innocent. I nodded. "One more question...Who is 'he'?"

This time when he answered me, "Cole's my son."

Those three words continuously echoed in my head since then.
Cole...that was his name?

 And after about a month of blindly searching for anything, something that would give me a clue-a lead came up: rumours about a man, with a similar description-to the vague one Bane gave me, after pestering him- being somewhere up north. Anita tagged along, since there was nothing left for her back there and I was the first friend she had made in a long time. 

It was nice; to have someone for once, consider me as a friend. Unfortunately, for the first few weeks, I couldn't get over my trust issues, but Anita was patient, she waited, and slowly, I opened up. Man was she a chatter box though. I made sure we ate, she looked after me when I was injured, and I got her out of a lot of unnecessary fights. We worked

I toughened up a little. Well after the first time we walked into a bar overflowing with vampires and necromancers. I didn't think we'd make it out alive, and by the time we did I looked like I had gone twenty rounds with a meat tenderiser. A couple brawls here and here and I learned not to flinch every time a was punched, had a bottle smashed over my head or was thrown across a room.

 I slowed my pace for Anita to catch up; she came up behind me, aggressively wringing her blonde hair out and growling every time she found either a twig or a leaf tangled in her matted locks. I glanced at her from the corner of my eye, so see her glaring at me; if looks could kill... "Oh come on Anita, it wasn't that bad" I negotiated, her face changed from a scowl to disbelief.

"That bad!" The girl shrieked. I winced, I swear her voice went higher than the highest key on a piano "I had to jump of a roof, fell through a tree-which hurt by the way-and almost broke my legs. Whilst You just flipped about no problem. Next time you get shot at, stand still." I chuckled at her dramatics.

We had stopped for a drink in a bar, and well...our presence caused a disruption (halfbreed and all). I kind of provoked some prick who turned out to be the beta of the pack who owned the land and started a fight. In my defence he was a weak alpha.