Chapter 18: Traitor

Chains, chains were wrapped around my neck, wrists and feet. I felt cold, and the thin layer of cloth done nothing to ease the frozen touch of the metal bars surrounding me.

Where am I this time?

I had become custom to the random appearances of these dreams. I knew I was dreaming, I was dreaming. A vile smell wafted up my nose, I would've flinched, but my body couldn't move. Why?

All I know is it hurt, my body hurt. This heavy feeling that kept my face planted into the dirty ground, where rocks dug into my face and tore at the cloth. I analyzed the cell. Though this was a dream, it was happening. This was real.

My eyes darted over to the corner of the room where flies and maggots hovered and crawled over an object. It was a...an arm, which seemed to have been savagely removed from a body. Whose body?

"Help...help" A faint voice entered my mind. It was the voice of a girl.

From there her scattered thoughts invaded my senses, "Hungry. So hungry!"

My body began moving on its own as the girl chanted her words, scrambling over to the arm as if my life depended on it. I grabbed the arm raising it to my face. No, stop, NO! My body refused to obey me, and as the decaying arm was raised closer to my face and my mouth opened, the girls cries for help and her hunger became louder and the voices now joined in, they spoke in nothing but whispers.

There, then, I took my first bite of human flesh.

I sat up gasping for air as my body trembled in fear and disgust. I raised a hand and dragged it down the side of my face, trying to make sense of what had just happened.

It was only when I looked around that I realised, this was not my room. This was nothing like my room! The colour was all wrong and the bed was...way too soft. I felt something shift beside me and turned my head so fast I got whiplash. Oh my god. Reece was right next to me. I was in his room! How did I get here? Oh that's right. 

I grabbed the file and rushed out the room. I turned back around from closing the door and my heart skipped a beat.

"What are you doing?" He demanded. Reece. I gulped.

"Nothing. Was looking for something."

His eyes narrowed at the sight of the file in my hand, "That it?" he asked. His voice dropped, and hear I thought it couldn't go any lower. "Give it." Crap! I couldn't. What would he think, that I'm a traitor? What happens if he tells whoever's behind this. And he's an Alpha. Fuck my life.

Slowly, Almost as if it were painful, I raised my arm. Slowly handing him the file. He could read what he wants. It still wouldn't connect to anything. But as my fingers lost grip of the file, one by one, anxiety built up inside me. And all I could think about was the 'what ifs' What if he really rejects me this time? Black spots obscured my vision, as I lost all feeling in my legs. In fact the only thing I felt was an impact to the back of my head.

 As quickly and quietly as possible I slipped out of the bed and crawled across the floor to get to his bed-side table, where the file sat. He hadn't opened it. Seems there was some luck in this merciless world. Once I was out of his room and the door clicked softly behind me, I dashed to Anita's room. My bare feet skidded across the floor as I halted at her door. They were soar after stumbling down two flights of stairs and almost slamming face first into a wall, but I took no heed and barged into Anita's room without any notice. Anita sat up in shock, but then calmed immediately when she saw it was me, "Fucks sake Ciel, it's like three in the morning," She grumbled.