20: "I've decided not to endorse your park"

I look up and see the TYRANNOSAURUS REX! It's massive head descends down from above. A set of six-foot jaws clamp down on the raptor. Eighteen-inch teeth sink into its side, and the helpless animal howls in agony as it's lifted up, up, up off the floor of the lobby.

The others follow my gaze and we look up in stunned amazement. We step back behind the rock for safety and look to the right. We see another raptor approaching.

The other raptor goes up in the air now, twenty feet off of the lobby floor, held fast in the mouth of the Rex. It stands in the entrance to the lobby in front of the massive hole it ripped through
the Visqueen wall. It shakes its enormous head once, breaking the neck of the velociraptor, then drops it, dead, to the floor at its feet.

We skirt the battle royal on the lobby floor and dash of the door of the Visitor's Center. The second raptor turns from us and lunges at the Rex's side, leaping twelve feet into the air and rending the Rex's flesh as it comes down, slashing it open with its six-inch claw.

We left the visitors centre to see John squealing the Jeep to a halt in front of the steps. Ian is lying in the back and we practically fall into the Jeep. I sit between Ian and Ellie, Tim was on my lap, Dad was in the front and Lex was leaning against the back of John's seat.

"Mr. Hammond, I've decided not to endorse your Park." Dad said.

"So have I" John hits the gas and the Jeep takes off.

We arrive to the landing where the helicopter rotors whirl to life as the chopper waits for us. We climbed out the jeep, helping Ian get out. Then
one by one, we climb aboard with our faces white from our ordeal.
Ellie on first, holding Lex. Then me carrying Tim, Dad helps Ian in the helicopter then goes by John.
I sat next to the window with Tim and Lex on one side and Ian, Ellie on the other side. No one speaks.

John takes another look at his dream, Dad goes by him and takes him back to the helicopter. Dad sat next to Ellie and John sat in the front next to the pilot. The helicopter takes off immediately. As we rise into the air, we stare out the windows, looking down at the park as it spreads out below.

The helicopter soars over a vast plain. The Rex, was still feeding on the remains of the dinosaurs it ran down and killed, looks up. It throws its head back and roars, waving its little forelimbs at the us in frustration.

John looks behind him to see the kids
with me. My arms are wrapped around both kids who are asleep, leaning there heads on my chest. Now Ellie looks at Dad and smiles, leaning in Dad's chest.

I can't believe that we survived! I looked out the window. The helicopter sweeps low over a huge flock of sea birds that's feeding on a school of fish. As the chopper roars near, it kicks up the flock. Hundreds of birds sail off in all directions, powerful and graceful.
Dad looks at the birds and breaks into a wide grin. The birds reform as flock again and fly straight into the sun.