Unavoidable

Viren worked for a well reputed company,UHC with its base in Germany and operations around the globe. He was Head-technical division for the Asian wing and frequented the head quaters in Germany.They outsource their IT projects to a huge MNC which was caught amidst scandals.They were now on a look out for a company that could carry out this job.With the help of Viren and his team they could zero in on an Indian company,Maxsol Soft Tech(MST), that had immense potential to manage their projects,but the problem was that the company was a start up and had no previous experience of handling such huge work.Though skeptical,after many rounds of discussion with the project heads on both sides,they decided to offer MST the project.
As Viren arrived at the office that day,Steve his friend from the German wing called him."Hey buddy!How you been?"quizzed Viren."Ah V! Been ages.Am good.How you been?"."Well Well.So wats up?"asked Viren.Steve replied"Listen V, Carl is all hyper abouth this company, MST taking up our project and wants to butt into evrything they do."They both laughed"MST is planning to expand their technical team for us ,exclusively, so Carl wants you to sit with them and monitor the interviews"."You do not call me without an assignment do you?"joked Viren."And I have no clue what Carl wants me to monitor.Is it not their job to interview and take in people?What would we do there?""Beats me too man.But you know Carl.He wouldnt listen.You should talk to him once and clear out what exactly he wants you to do"said Steve."Hell!Alright do I have a choice?.I will call him in the evening then""Sure I will keep him informed.I better get another hours sleep,I wokemyself up so I could catch you before you reach office.See you then.Have a great day V""Bye Steve".

As Payal reached her office,much to her relief,the interviews were shifted to a few days later.She wanted to relax a bit before she started the days work but before she could even reach her cabin,she got a call to meet her program head. He was well known for the last minute surprise information and orders he passed that got onto the nerves of the employees .Payal geared up for the situation and enterd his room."Well P how are you doing today" asked her Boss."So far so good,You asked to see me?"questioned Payal getting straight to business."Yes! You know Steve I suppose.The guy in charge of communicating with us on behalf of UHC?".Payal nodded doubtfully not knowing where this was going.He continued" So I spoke to him yesterday and told him we were expanding our team to meet their demands.He informed the heads in Germany and they seemed pleased but wanted one of their members in the Indian team to overlook the interviews along with you"P was taken aback and started to protest."Let me finish.I tried telling him that you were capable enough to carry that job but he seemed adamant.So I had to say yes."Payal realized he was not asking her but was informing her of his decision."Sir, but we are the ones who would be working on the project,would we not know better what kind of people we should choose?Their imterference might make things difficult for us"."Yes I understand that but we have to oblige to them. Just take their inputs and do it your way" he tried to reason with her."I still do not understand what they are trying to prove by this",She said agitated."They for sure do not have people with expertiese on this and that is probably why they outsourced the project to us and now what will they try to test the candidates on?""Oh! come on P don't you get so agitated now.They might just brief the prospective employees on their company and what they want from this.Thats all!"She hoped so, she did not like anyone telling her how to do things she is good at and considers important,after all she would be heading that team and not the guys from UHC."You better meet up with the guy who would be sitting with you during interviews and know what exactly they want, so that we can carry it forward smoothly.I will mail you the details of who you would have to meet once I get to hear from Steve.Is that ok?".Payal grumbled" Ya sure"."Ok then.Have a nice day Payal!".She gave him a sarcastic smile and walked out.

.........,............................

Do vote if you find the story interesting so that it will reach other readers.
Also comment so I know you enjoy my writing.This is my first so need some encouragement :)