The Ex

Dedicated to @sita12345

I wrote this part in Viren and Payal's version. Hope you will like it.

Thanks to people who added my book to the reading list and also to all the silent readers.

....,..............................

Viren's POV

Atleast today, I have to call Payal and apologize. Anyways, I don't understand why was it a big deal.Women. As difficult to understand as always. My mom would have thrashed me had I not accepted that it was indeed my mistake and I will apologize. This was precisely how the conversation went immediately after I got back home that day.Mind you 'precisely'
" I told you to pay attention and look at the photograph. You just do not listen. do you? She is right in what she did. Anyone would be outraged." she said angrily. " I get it mom, i did a mistake and got what i deserve. I will try talking to her once again.Let's see how that will turn out to be." " You better do it the first thing tommorow" she had said, I gave a fake smile and surrendered. But I couldn't call her yesterday.

My luck, to add to my already ruined mood,today I had to take a detour and pick Varun from his apartment on the way to office. Above that he was not taking the name of getting his ass down to the parking. While I waited, I saw someone I din't expect I would ever see again, especially not today. Her charecteristic waist long hair was flowing in unison with the wind, she stood there right in front of me, gorgeous as ever. Sneha. The love of my life.Well! was the love of my life. Or is she still?. I don't have an answer to that. My heart and my mind went into the war mode as one wanted to go upto her and talk and the other was vehmently against it. And my friends I declare the winner, Mr.Heart. Like a piece of iron pulled by magnet I drifted to her, my heart pounded fiercely in my chest. "Sneha" I said trying hard to find my voice. She lifted her beautiful eyes and a smile crept her lips as she looked at me. Even before I could smile back, her expression turned cold. " Hi" i said awkwardly, like a 15 yr old teenager." What are you doing here Jain" she asked in a fierce tone. It was so harsh, a slap across my face would have been better than that." I tried calling you last week" I said, unable to hold back my hurt any longer. " Hmm.Why are you doing this? Following me? Calling me? You walked out of my life when all I wanted was you. Why all this now? What do you want?" she choked at the last sentence and tears threatened to jump out of her eyes any time. It ached to see her in pain and knowing it was because of me, it was unbearable. It felt like a fire blaring in my heart. " Why can't we just be friends" I said almost in a whisper, my voice trembling. I din't want to make a fool of myself by getting too emotional. " She shot a look at me, that said it all." Friends? seriously? we both know that is impossible. Look Jain, I have moved on, I am getting married. So please , its been long enough for you to just leave all this behind and move on too. For your own good."she said. I couldn't process a single word she said. Her flawless skin, her long eyelashes. The little mole on her lip.The way she tucked her hair behind her ear. Oh God! I had to leave before I say or do something stupid. I started to move" Jain" she called out. " Uhmm?" "I am sorry if I sound rude or harsh. You know I am doing this for your good. You are a great person and good things will happen to you. Just open your arms and let them in.I will always be your well wisher but to stay in contact with you is something that I cannot do, for the both of us." she finished that small lecture giving me an apolegetic smile. All I could say was " I understand". " Bye Sneha" I waved and walked back.

Varun kept blabbering throughout the drive. Had it been anyother day,i would have loved his company. This guy had a great sense of humor and could leave you in fits. All I could think of was Sneha, my Sneha. She is getting married.I din't know when or to whom, I din't dare to know. Just the thought of her in someone's arms was making my blood boil with anger. I clenched the steering in an attempt to control my anger, but invain. I know she had to move on, I did not leave her with any other option. I walked out on her while she was patient with me and supported me as I kept trying hard to convince my parents. I had no right to be angry, yet the urge to punch the face of the guy who would now be the center of her world, was just not going away.

The whole day just went by with only half my concentration on work. I had to try really hard not to shout at anyone or break anything in my anger. I had to vent it, it was driving me insane. I made a few calls and set a plan to go out in the evening.We were a group of 10 and were friends since the last 15 years. All we had to do was just say that one word and everyone would be ready for a meet. That is what I did today and that magical word was ' booze'. Yes, that could get even the most laziest of us to move out and the most busiest to find ample free time. This is the only way I could get my mind off her, booze and my crazy friends.

~~*~~

Payal's POV

Its been two days since the incident, neither Viren nor his parents tried contacting us. My anger eventually subsided and I started to think if I over reacted. I even had the urge of giving him a call, but no I will not. My mind drifted back now and then to what happened and what could have happened had I reacted differently. It was 3:30 pm and a lot of work was still pending.I needed coffee, badly. One person who was as crazy for coffee was Priya. I went to her cabin and saw her staring at the computer screen not blinking even for a second. She was so lost, she din't notice me coming in. " Heeellooo" I said moving my hand in front of her face. She jolted back to reality from wherever she was and smiled at me. " Coffee?" I asked. As we walked towards the cafeteria, I noticed, she was exceptionally calm today . I refrained from asking what was troubling her. She would blurt it out eventually even if I din't ask. We took our cups and sat in a corner. She tried to make some small talk,to which I did respond for some time, but it was getting too much. She was not getting to the point. " Oh! Cut the crap already." I said. She was suddenly taken aback." Priya, what is it that is troubling you? get it out" I said. " I was holding just fine, now he comes out of nowhere and talks about being friends, its so difficult." she mumbled holding back tears. " I din't understand a word she was blabbering " Woman! what are you talking about? Who came out of nowhere?can you talk some sense?" I asked exasperated. She gave me a weak smile, thought about it for a second and said " Its my ex- boyfriend" .

................................

A/N

I am so happy for the number of reads this story has. :)

I would be happier if I had votes and comments too.:D greedy!! :P

Anyways read my other books too
-The Lost boy
-Your Time is up

I am sure you will enjoy them.
Bye!Take Care!

One more thing, whoever is following the book, do tell me whose POV you want the story to continue in.