Circumstances

Like always at the breakfast table,Viren's mom served him a set of 3 photographs along with hot idlis.He rolled his eyes and thought 'not again'.His mom was threw him glances evry now and then to check if he was showing any interest in the photographs.He avoided eye contact with her, dreading the final question 'So which one do I proceed with?'.He gulped the idlis as fast as he could and forced them down with a glass of water.As he was about to leave the table ,his mom asked 'Did you like any of them?'.He carefully replied 'Ma,not now,not today'.'If not today when?''You have been doing this for a while now,this cant go on" demanded his mom."Ok! I din't like any" said V trying to escape."You dint give them a look and you say you din't like.And looks don't decide everything, how can you come to a conclusion by just a photograph".It was the nth time he was hearing this.He said, loosing his patience"Ya looks don't but caste does, is it?Ma I have a very important meeting to attend so lets fight over this some other day"He din look back fearing his mom's ' you are torturing us' look.He will have to die of guilt the whole day.

It has been 3 yrs since he had to come in terms with letting go Sneha.It wasn't a 'we fought so we we parted' kind of a thing.They wnated to get married.They decided on their future plans.Things went well at Sneha's place but not at his.His parents took it as an insult that their son looked for his bride and not them.They had problem with her caste,her career choices and evrything to do with her.He could not take the step of being with Sneha.Standing by her would mean leaving his home,his parents and evrything they trusted.They have been with him through his good and bad times and leaving them when they need him most, was unacceptable to him.It was a painful decision to ask the love of his life to move on.Sneha loved and adored him and always believed what he did was justified and right.But she was angry this time and hurt. However deep inside she knew he was right in the decision he made.After a while she silently let the pain and the hurt go,along with it left Viren .

It wasn't easy for him though,he suffered the pain of loosing her and the guilt of not keeping his promise.He longed to meet her,see her,talk to her but he knew that would not make anything better.He was somewhere still slightly attatched to that figment which was not letting him take a step ahead.The discussion with his mom got back all the memories of his togetherness with Sneha,the difficult times and the suffering.He was tired of this, he felt he had to shut all his memories and the guilt. Sneha moved on, she was on the verge of getting married to a guy she met after Viren who she thought would be a right person for her.She was happy, so there is no point feeling guilty or suffer.He cleared his mind and promised himself he would try to let go and get things in place.

Payal started her day as usual with yoga, meditation and a cup of hot green tea which kept her going tirelessly until evening.She was tall with a figure that could make any girl go purple with envy and stir an old man from his grave.She had inherited her looks from her mother and charm from her father.She always had a queue of pursiters wherever she went,some expressive and some silent.However, she was conscious of the effect she had on men and at times enjoyed it.

She had to skip her breakfast,she was already running late.Her project lead,keeping up to his reputation,called her that morning informing Mr.Viren from UHC would be visiting MST today to talk to her about the interviews.She was, for once, happy to get the call from him.Just yesterday she was hoping it would be Viren who would be sent, to check over the interview process. Payal met Viren during the discuasion sessions with UHC project head. He had accompanied Mr.Carl who had flown from German Head Branch.Their interaction was limited yet he made a strong impression on her.She liked the instant she saw him and liked him even more by the end of that day.He was a handsome,confident man with a great body.He had a charm that radiated wherever he went,people liked him instantly.If she had to go through the tough time of conducting interviews in someone else's interference,she thought,it better be Viren.She fed herself a cup of yoghurt and left to her office.

.........,............................

Do vote if you find the story interesting so that it will reach other readers.
Also comment so I know you enjoy my writing.This is my first so need some encouragement :)