The Decision

People who have not voted until now please  vote up! My story is ranked at #151 in ChickLit and only if you guys vote it can go further. Thank You :)

Special Thanks to all the lovely people who always vote :D

............................................................

The first thing I heard as soon as our car pulled up in front of Viren's home was a bark that started off softly and intensified as we got down. Boxer. His thought made me smile and forget the argument I had with mom in the morning. She wanted me to wear a saree and I was against it. She won and I am standing here wearing a bright blue saree. She braided my hair and got me dressed like I was a kid. I gave up and let her do all that she wanted to. The result was that I was looking more traditional than I would like.

The watchman picked Boxer up to let us enter. My parents took the opportunity and ran into the house while I stood until he was put down. "Hello Boxer", I said kneeling down to his level. He growled at me and dashed in the opposite direction. I turned and laughed at his antics. " He will take time", Viren said as I turned back. I did not notice him coming. He smiled at me ," So your plan to come here was for boxer?", he asked. I grinned making him shake his head from left to right, "You are crazy!", he lead me into the house.

" Are you nervous?", he asked as we walked. " Hmm a little bit", I lied. My heart was threatening to jump out. I was that nervous." What about you?", I asked him. "I am shivering", he said and that made me laugh. " What do you think will happen if we ask them for some time?", he continued."They will probably kill us", I replied chuckling."Bad idea then", he sighed. "So?", I asked him, he turned to face me," so?", he repeated and we kept staring at each other as thousands of things ran through our mind.

"What is taking you so-", a voice snapped us out of our moment.I noticed a lady who would be few years older to me, walking towards us holding a baby. As she came close, " This is my sister Swetha",Viren introduced. "Hello", I smiled at her. The kid held up his hands towards Viren asking  to pick him up. " This is my little nephew Aarav", he said taking him from his sister. "Hi Aarav", I said holding his tiny palm.He looked at me and the first thing he noticed was my huge ear ring. Before I could react, he flung his hand at it and pulled with all might making me gasp in pain. His mother and uncle who were silently observing all this, started to laugh. Something in the whole situation amused the little rascal and he  giggled. I released myself from his hold and decided to stay far from him." Let's go, they are waiting for you", his sister smiled at me and took us along.

We walked into what I thought was a living room. Their house was beautiful and huge. It was a duplex that was very artistically built.  The colors on the walls were sober and the furniture was simple yet elegant. There was a beautiful staircase from the middle of the living area that probably lead to the top floor. There were huge french windows overlooking a vast area covered in lawn. I could see Boxer lazing around under the shade of a tree. I wondered where Viren's room was. I wanted to see how it looked. Along with my parents there was another couple who looked almost of my parent's age. They had their eyes fixed on me as I entered. I understood who they could be. I walked to my parents and took a seat beside them."Payal, this is Mr &Mrs Jain", my father introduced. " Namaste", I joined my hands to both of them as they smiled wide at me. "She is my daughter Swetha and her son Aarav.They came yesterday from New York. This guy,Viren you have already met", Mr Jain said and I smiled at them.There was a strange warmth around them and I was actually liking it.

For some time both wife and husband asked me various questions on my work , hobbies etc after which they got busy .Mr.Jain and Dad were discussing the current political scenario in the country and how our country is deteriorating by the day.All they were doing was criticize. I hate it when people criticize something when they themselves don't work to make it any better. I controlled myself not to comment on anything they said no matter how outrageous it was. So, I ignored their discussion and tried to participate in the other one where my mom and his mom where gossiping about some random relatives, I have never heard off so, no where was I interested in it. On the other side, little Aarav was keeping Swetha busy and she did not seem like she could entertain me. Added to that, to my surprise, Mr.Viren was no where to be seen.