Questions

Thanks @VijayaLakshmi767 for voting :)

.............................

Priya POV

"Priya!", I felt someone tap me on my shoulder." We are blocking the way",it was Payal's voice. That snapped me out and I realized I had been rooted to the spot staring at the two faces smiling at me from the phone. One was my best friend and the other my ex-boyfriend. The person who Payal has grown to hate since the time I told her about us. "Are you alright?", she asked me trying to study my expression. I nodded making place for people waiting to take the elevator.

" Is something wrong", she asked, looking between the phone and me. I had to say something, else she would start suspecting. "You look good together", I said mustering up a smile." Really?", she said taking the phone back. " Yeah. Let's go", I dragged her before she would ask me anything further. "But, what happened to you. You look like you saw a ghost", she said raising her eyebrow questioningly. " Ah! that! Nothing. He closely resembles someone I know", I said not looking at her." Who?", she wouldn't let the topic go. I sighed," Someone Payal. You don't know him.Now shall we get back to work?". She gave me one last doubtful look before she walked to her cabin.

I closed the door of the cabin behind me and collapsed in the chair. How should I react to this? I should be happy, he has finally moved on and is getting married. But I don't know why it was pinching me.I met him a few weeks back and he seemed very distraught.When did all this happen? Why Payal? It would be so awkward between us. How will I visit her after they get married? Apart from all these, she hated him for what he has done in my case. Every time , his name came up she would swear. How would she react if she now knows that it is her fiancee

I shook my head to push these thoughts away. I had an important issue that I had to handle immediately. Whether to tell Payal about this or not? I had no idea to what extent Viren discussed about us, if he had discussed at all. I did not want to spoil the relation they shared. But what if she comes to know and feels betrayed? I mulled over it for the whole evening and came to a decision with great difficulty.

Payal, I have to discuss something. It's important. I will drop you home in the evening.

I left her a message on the internal messenger. I hope she would take all this in a right way.

*

Viren's POV

Our hands were intertwined as we strolled in the garden. I could see what the phrase,"Bed of roses", meant. The path we were walking on had red roses on either side and the fragrance was bliss to our nostrils. We were the only people in the garden and the privacy made the moment even special. My eyes caught the sight of a tree and its shade covered in green. I gently pulled her towards it. Her eyes twinkled looking at the beauty of this place. I was mesmerized too. The sun was just setting in giving a orange hue to the sky. The stars were just coming out from their hideout. The lights in the garden started to glow giving a different color to the surroundings.Making sure there was no one around, I bent down to the crook of her neck and closed my eyes taking in the fragrance of her body. She smelled better than the roses. She giggled as my nose traced her skin. A smile crept my lips as I pulled her close to me. I placed my self on the floor pulling her down with me onto my lap. I wrapped my arms around her thin waist and I could feel her skin against my cheek. I slipped her dress from the shoulder and moved the strands of hair, gently placing a kiss.Her hands involuntarily reached mine and clasped it tight. Our eyes locked for a few seconds but I broke it to look at her beautiful lips. As if anticipating my next move her lips quivered. I took a deep breath and moved close to kiss her luscious lips. She closed her eyes raising her chin waiting for my touch. A sudden high-pitched laugh got us out from our moment as we frantically looked for the source.