Revelation

Thanks @DevanshiPatel5
Meghamanojc   :)

....................

Payal's POV

Today was the auspicious day panditji chose for our parents to meet. It was decided that Viren's parents and his sister along with a few elderly people would visit my home for the talks. My mom insisted I stay back.Who ever those elderly people were, they wanted to see me. My work had been lagging behind since the moment this whole marriage thing started and I can't afford to loose any more days. I decided I would stay until they arrived. It took me a lot of time to convince my mom to accept that offer. She finally did on one condition. She wanted me to wear a saree!

I got my self dressed the way my mom wanted me to look. I was just lazing around in the room when they arrived. I, of course did not expect to see Viren but my heart beat raised thinking just maybe he would be here. But as I expected he was nowhere to be seen. The bunch of people who came seemed all smiles looking at me. "You look beautiful", Swetha complimented as soon as she saw me. One old lady who was supposedly Mrs Jain's mother asked me to come to her side. She looked at me from top to bottom.I left most of my hair open, tying only few strands back. This was probably too much for the old lady's liking as she scrunched her nose and adjusted her glasses staring at me. My mom who observed all this, intervened but only to annoy me. "She just washed her hair, it is not good to tie up wet hair. So-", she left the sentence unfinished with a stupid smile on her face. I glared at her for trying to justify my open hair . The lady asked me all sorts of questions about cooking ,cleaning etc. I could see my mom's breath hitched, fearing my answers. I smirked at her, yet gave obedient answers. She was the most notorious of all his relatives and I decided that moment, I would stay away from her. I had to exit this place before any more embarrassing questions are shot my way. I somehow managed to excuse myself and leave to office.

*

Viren's POV

What if that girl was Sneha? This was the question that troubled me since the moment I saw her at M.S.T. The last I heard she was with CGI. This was 2 years ago. I had to know where she worked now. Not that it would matter much but the possibility of my past intricately  connected to my present was giving me panic attacks. I had to decide my immediate course of action.  I knew who would give me the right information. But the problem was I had lost their contact. I tried calling number of my friends and with great difficulty I got it. I picked my phone and dialed.

"Viren?You Asshole! How the hell are you?", an exuberant voice sounded on the other side as soon as I greeted. That was my friend Aakash. We have been buddies in college and for a long time after that, but because of some situations we lost contact. " Is that the way you greet Aakash?", I said chuckling into the phone. "You should be happy I stopped at that. Where did you find my number?", he asked surprised. " Well I have my sources",I replied and I could imagine him rolling his eyes."Where are you working now man?", I asked. He was one of the brilliant guys of our class. In fact the whole of our batch was like that. Immediately after college he got an offer to do an internship in U.S.A.After that he joined Barclay's."I am with BOA now. Joined an year ago. This is a little less tiring. I am able to concentrate on family too", he said. "Chennai? How is Neetu by the way?", Neetu was his wife and our friend. They fell in love during college and eventually ended up together unlike me and Sneha. Neetu was Sneha's best friend and they always stuck to each other. She was so annoyed at me when we broke up that she threatened to kill me. That was probably the last time I spoke to her.

"Yeah Chennai and Neetu is doing great! We have a good news bro", he beamed and stopped. It was his old habit to make people wait before he declared something. I laughed," You haven't changed a bit. What is the good news. Spit it.", I said and heard him laugh at the other end. " We are pregnant!", he shouted making me move my phone a little away from my ear, wincing. " Wow! that is a great news dude!When is the due?", they were both my friends and it gave a strange excitement to hear it from them. " In two months", he sounded so happy that I wanted to really see them. "Where did you vanish Viren? The last I or Neetu spoke to you was three years back", his voice sounded really disappointed. " I am sorry Aakash. You know what happened. I really did not want to be in contact with anyone", I sighed. " What are friends for? You should have come to us instead of going into hibernation. I tried reaching you, you know!", the concern he had was evident. I was so depressed back then that I went into a shell ignoring calls from all my friends. I even changed my number so that no one could reach me."I know it was a bad phase but its a part of life man!Anyways, how is life now?", he asked excitement back in his voice. "Back on track thankfully!", I exclaimed. " So when are you getting married? Or is this a call for invitation?",he said getting excited. "Hmm.Not exactly but you will be getting one soon", I blushed, I don't know why." Woah! Awesome! Neetuuuu, Viren is getting married!", he yelled with joy.