Prologue

The first time I saw him was when I was six years old. My parents brought him home with his belongings packed in a small backpack and a plastic bag in his hand. He was just ten years old.

I remember that day so clearly. I was playing with my friends in our backyard. We were making mud pies and we were totally covered in dirt.

My parents came out and gestured for me to go to them. So I told my friends I will be back in a second and rushed to my parents.

"Mia, there is someone very important we would like you to meet" Mom looked back and smiled at someone. I looked to see behind her,whom she was smiling at.

"He will be staying in our house from now on" continued my Mom. "Now you have a brother Mia, how wonderful is that". Mom was beaming at me.

I looked at him. He seemed sad, he had his eyes downcast making his dark brown hair fall all over his face. I wanted the hair to move away so I can see his face.

Then he suddenly looked right at me, as if he knew what I was thinking and I was so startled. He had such warm light brown eyes with bushy eyebrows, and smiled. Yes a small smile I should say, but still a smile. It brightened his face so much that I couldn't help break into a full blown smile in return.

Right that moment I knew it was going to be wonderful having him in our family.

Yes that was the beginning of our silent and weird relationship. And no, I could never ever think of him as my brother but would he think the same?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys this is my first story ever! Whoever is reading my story thank you so much and please leave a comment.

That's a picture of Mia!

Thanks:)

Nishii

*Started writing story - 21/01/2016
*Finished date - 18/12/2018