Chapter 2

OMG! Nooooo! 

"I know your going to grab the Sneakers bar from my pocket" he says grinning. 

Phew! That was close! I thought he definitely found out about me crushing on him. He is such a know it all.

"Yeah right! I am already on the chubby side with the amount of chocolate you have been feeding me!!" I exclaim, just realising the obvious truth about hiding from mirrors. 

Zach must've seen the terror in my eyes. Yes you heard me right. I am terrified that I might get fat. I think I am at that age.

"You are not fat Mia, you are still growing and...." 

I cut him off. 

"Yeah I know I am just fifteen years (almost sixteen) and I need to eat for me to grow to your six feet!" 

I thought Zach would start laughing or rather hear a deep rumble or something. 

Instead he was rather serious "You look beautiful and you are filling up nicely" he says softly.

That made me blush. 

"..and you will become much more beautiful as you grow up" Zach continued rather wistfully.

 I stare at Zach. Something is totally up with Zach. I know we have this comfortable relationship but he never says things like these to me ever. I mean anything that is out of line for a brother.

 I abruptly stopped walking and gingerly placed my hand on his chest. 

"Hey, are you ok?" 

He was so tall I had to look up at him. I mean I am not that short for now and I am going to grow more than this five feet four inches height.

"Mia.... I ... " Zach started saying just as my Mom decided to call out. 

Zach sighs and so do I. We are so back to the real world. When Mom calls in that no nonsense tone we need to rush, and so we did just that.

My Mom made us help her around the kitchen for like forever. I never got to hear the end of what Zach was going to say. So much for that moment. I was so exhausted I fell asleep as soon as I hit the bed, but not before my mind flashed back to the moment when Zach said "you are beautiful... " and then I fell asleep with his warm brown eyes looking at me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So a week goes by with the normal boring life like hanging out with Rina,  except everything about Zach. So not boring. sigh

In the last nine years he has come to be with us, he has turned into a model! Aha exactly! All the girls in my school are practically drooling over him and keeps coming up to me to ask about him or to have his number. 

I went to an all girls school , so just imagine! I hated it. Hated the fact that I have to share Zach with the rest of the girls in the world. How cruel is that.

He still gives me those smiles that lights up his face, and putting me in a prolonging near cardiac arrest moment. Sigh. 

"Mia, MIA" someone keeps calling me and disturbing my beautiful dream. 

"MIA!" suddenly I sit up and look around. 

I was in the sitting area near my study table, my books all over the table, opened. Then I see a hand, a beautiful masculine hand and gazed up and see......

Zach! OMG he was trying to explain some sort of Math puzzle to me!! OMG OMG was I drooling? I quickly pat my face with my hands. 

Was I sleeping? 

"No you weren't, but you need to start concentrating if you want to pass in Math" Zach said matter of factly. 

OMG did I say that out loud?

"Sorry Zach. Could you please please explain one more time, I promise I will concentrate" I begged him with my puppy dog eyes. I knew it worked everytime.

"Right" Zach says, seeming frustrated. 

Wait what, frustrated? 

Zach is never frustrated. 

"Zach is everything ok? You know you can tell me anything right?" I told him. 

"Its nothing. You should concentrate on your studies. You don't have to worry about me"he said. 

I looked at him once again. He looked worried and sad. Zach always carried some sadness around him but worried was not something you see in Zach's eyes. He was the kind of person who took things as it comes but always has a plan for the future. Come to think of this, Zach has been a bit reserved and ...avoiding me unless it's to help me with my studies. 

How did I not notice this? I was reminded of the day at the beach and the sentence he never got to finish.

"Zach you don't look fine" I told him once again. "You know I am going to keep on asking you till you tell me right?" I looked at him pointedly.

Zach heaves a huge sigh and looks at me, I mean really looks at me giving me goose bumps all over. 

Those eyes, they are so warm and intense as if seeing right through. 

It felt like ages later he looked away or forced himself to I would like to think and sighs again and says so softly "I am leaving".

Oh My!!! Zach's leaving! but where?

Coming up in the next chapter!

Read & Vote Pls!