CHAPTER ELEVEN EMERGENCY

I sat in English, counting down the seconds to the end of the day when I can talk to Mr Urie. Gerard had been sick for the past week, and hadn't been in, and I hadn't spoken to him for a few days, either.

Me Urie stopped what he was doing suddenly, and perked his head up.
"Can you smell that?" He asked, sniffing.
Most students looked around in confusion, while a few nodded their heads and tried to figure out what it was.
"Hang on," Said Mr Urie, his face now serious.
He walked to the door and opened it, looking out into the hallway, when he dropped his whiteboard pen and his face dropped.
"Holy shit."
"What?" I asked, to which he turned to me and said:
"Fire."
Instantly the teenagers in the room panicked and ran around, screaming. To be honest, they couldn't care less if someone bled.
I felt anxiety consume me, and I couldn't feel my body, and things went blurry. That is, until I was pushed to the floor.
The pupils swarmed out of the classroom and ran through the halls, all cursing to God and yelling 'Why aren't the sprinklers or alarms working?!'.
"You can't-! You have to-!" I heard Mr Urie yell, anxious.
He turned to me, and helped me up, looking in my eyes to search for some form of emotion.
"Are you ok?!" He asked, his hands on my shoulders.
"Y-Yeah...I think." I said, my vision blurry.
"It's gonna be ok, ok? I promise." He said, sensing my tense mood and holding my hands.
"We have to leave - now. The fire's pretty close." He said firmly, making his way to the door.
I followed on suite, and saw the fire with my own eyes. It was closer than I thought. My eyes burned from the blazing heat, and I couldn't stare at it without blinking at least 182 times a minute.
"I-I think we have to go through that." He said, pointing wearily to the fire.
He was right, the other hallway was surrounded with fire and stacked chairs.
Who put those there?
"What are we supposed to do...?" I asked.
He shrugged his shoulders, but then turned to another door in the corridor.
"This way," He said, pulling me by my hand to the door.
It came to another small hallway which had one door at the end, which I knew lead to the cafeteria.
We both ran to the door and opened it up, seeing blazes of flames erupt close to the windows and the kitchen.
"Fuck..." Mr Urie said, sighing.
"W-We have to go," I said, the heat burning my eyes again.
"Yeah."
We walked to the other side to the door to the hallway to the front entrance, when Mr Urie stopped me.
"Wait, there might be a bigger fire at the front. You won't get hurt here," He said.
He turned and opened the door, before stepping out and the door shut.
Almost instantly, fire blew out the windows and ceiling crashed down near the door on the other side, refraining Mr Urie from returning.
"Go out the back way!" I heard him yell loudly. "I'll try to meet you there!"
"Ok!" I shouted back.
I ran down the other way and through a bunch of hallways, when I could barely see anything at all due to smoke.
I coughed hysterically till I felt my lungs fill with smoke, and I collapsed just after I realised I had only got to Mr Urie's class again.

{BRENDON'S POV}

I made it out through a window near the back when I finally made my way to the front, where only about 50 people were stood.
What the actual fuck?! Where are the fire trucks and shit?!
I ran to the nearest person while panting and holding my hands on my knees.
"Have you...seen...Scarlet?!" I asked frantically between breaths.
"Uh - no. Why? Are you ok?"
I suddenly began panicking again.
Fuck no I can't lose her too.
I ran back around to the back of the school near the cafeteria, despite having absolutely no air in my lungs whatsoever.
"Scarlet!" I yelled in an attempt to somehow get her attention. "Scarlet!"
Unfortunately, it was in vain.
I climbed through a window in presumably a science room, and instantly smoke drifted into my nose and mouth. I coughed for a few seconds, but returned to calling Scarlet's name.
Nothing.
I ran through hallways calling her name, when I finally sprinted through the English corridor and found her body on the floor in front of my class.
She looked lifeless and limp, and that's when I really started to panic. I held her wrist and searched for a pulse, finally finding a very weak one.
"Fuck, Scarlet, I'm gonna get you out of here," I said, my voice breaking.
I tried picking her up, but the smoke got to me again and I dropped her.
Fuck.
I got a grip and picked her up again, lifting her in my arms bridal style.
Ugh God I hate describing it like that.
I couldn't necessarily run, but I could jog.
I inhaled a lot of smoke and I almost couldn't bare it, but I knew I had to carry on.
Flames bombarded the window I originally came through, so I groaned and backed out of the room, trying to find another one.
Suddenly, fire erupted from the door I was headed to, and I collapsed in pain. My glasses smashed to the floor and the lenses cracked instantly, the frame breaking loudly.  I could hardly breathe, but I had to make it out with Scarlet.