CHAPTER TWENTYSIX CARICATURE OF INTAMACY

ONE WEEK LATER

"Do you think we'll go back to highschool again?" I asked Brendon, as his fingers carded through my hair.

"I...don't think so. There's only half a month to go before graduation."

I nodded, and although I hated school, I was going to miss small things.

"So...what are you doing after you leave school?" He asked, the fingers in my hair beginning to stiffen.

"I don't know. Get a job, probably."

"You should go to college."

"And do what? I want a normal job. I want to work in a music store stacking records and CDs."

"I know, Scar, but, I want you to have the best chance."

"Yeah, I know. But I don't want to leave Patrick, Pete, especially you."

I kissed his nose.

"I don't want you to leave me either."

He sat up and told me to get dressed. I asked why but he didn't reply, so I just slid on some ripped black jeans and put on a Death Note shirt over my vest.

Brendon just put a plain white and black striped t-shirt on, since he was already wearing jeans. He grabbed my hand and walked to the car, opening the door for me to get in.

"Can you wait like 5 minutes? I need to do my makeup--" I started.

"You don't need it; no one else will be there and I think you look perfect." He grinned.

He went back inside and when he came out, hiding something behind the door, he told me to close my eyes. I did, and I heard him open the trunk and put something in there.

While we started driving to the outskirts of Vegas, I noticed the sky turning a light orange colour, minute fluffs of pale pink in between, and a slightly light aqua shade lining the top.

"Where are we going, Bren?"

"You'll see."

He smirked and bit his lip, making my heart beat faster.
He stopped the car outside of a colossal multi-story car park, one that had shut down ages ago. He took a bag out the trunk and ducked under the barrier to the entrance of the car park, then grabbing my hand. I followed him blindly, and after what seemed like hours of climbing stairs, we finally reached the top level, the 30th. It had no roof or fence, so we had a perfect view of the sky and buildings. The sunset was just ending, but I didn't mind.

"I'm sorry we missed the sunset, babe, I lost track of time."

"It's nothing." I smiled at the view, the scenery of millions of twinkling lights belonging to Nevada skyscrapers appealing to every sense of mine.

Brendon laid out a large blanket and in the middle was the bag, which contained snacks and his jacket.

We sat down and watched for a while and ate, till we stopped and I shivered. Brendon wrapped his jacket around my shoulders, although he didn't out the arms through, and my head went on his shoulder. His arm found its way over my neck, making me feel very comfortable.

After a while we found ourselves laying down completely, just staring at the sky directly above us.

"Marry me."