the second letter

❁ ❁ ❁

dear ethan,

melissa tried to talk to me today.

i wouldn't be surprised if you don't remember her when you wake up - i've heard before that sometimes after accidents like yours, your brain tends to block out traumatic events.

melissa's your ex girlfriend.

well, technically she's still your actual girlfriend, but as soon as you wake up and i've hugged you a thousand times, i'm going to get you to see sense and break up with her.

i've tried before, i've told you how evil and manipulative she is; you're just stupid.

she's done more bad in this world that you could ever imagine. but i can't tell you, because your in love with her. you would never believe me, and i can't risk losing you.

but i might end up losing you anyway.

i'll tell you when you wake up, alright? life's too short for you to be spending half of it with her.

in the beginning i stopped myself from saying anything; i told myself that she made you happy, and even though we never saw each other as often as we used to, it was worth it, as long as you were happy.

but you're not happy with her anymore, are you?

she changed you, ethan. she's going to hurt you, i know she is.

i won't let anyone touch my best friend.

i hope your brain does block out her image - she's not worth your time.

just don't block out me, okay?

love from your best friend,

chloe. xx

❁ ❁ ❁