the twenty second letter

dedication: brinDowner thank you for loads of votes etc i really appreciate it!! <3

❁  ❁  ❁

dear ethan,

GOOD MORNING BEST FRIEND. :)

it's kinda really early but i can't visit you tonight because i actually have a date. shock horror - chloe anderson has AN ACTUAL REAL LIFE DATE.

so yeah i'm super sorry i can't visit tonight but i haven't seen you in a couple of days so i thought i'd visit you before school starts today, so it's like half 7 and i have had a lot of coffee.

the doctors haven't really said that much to me lately, they kinda just give me these weird sympathetic smiles when they pass me or say hi or something, but they seem to be ignoring me with everything else, and your mom hasn't been very talkative about your "condition" lately either.

i've decided to stay more optimistic though, ethan, i promise you that. negativity is going to get us no where, and i know it sounds really sappy and stuff but we cannot lose hope. because without hope, what would we do?

and like i said, i've had a lot of coffee, and y'know what i get like when i've had a lot of coffee...

i know you can do this, best friend. you just need to open your eyes, and then i can hug you, and then i can slap you for taking your sweet damn time, and then i can hug you some more, and then we can catch up on netflix shows.

anyways, i'm gonna miss the bus so i better leave soonish. wish me luck on my date tonight!! (don't worry, it's not with jamie. i kicked him in the balls for taking your spot on the team & he hasn't talked to me since, so double yay!) love you, ethan.

love from your high on caffeine best friend,

chloe. xx

❁ ❁ ❁