Prologue

Death was never in my head. I didn't think about it. I had my head full of epic tales of adventure, where magic was real and where I was a witch. Sometimes I was at Hogwarts, other times I was Morgana in Merlin. But never had I wondered about death. Especially my death.

I was almost thirty when it happened. I had a successful career as an Occult professor in a small town college, I lived near but far enough away from my parents. I wasn't married, and that was the only bad thing about my life. Not that I needed a man to be happy, but I would be happier with arm candy on me.

My death wasn't something unique, like some of the weird deaths seen on 1000 ways to die. A piano didn't fell on my head killing me nor did a toilet seat fall from space hitting me with a head-shot. I also didn't die like a hero, saying a child in danger. No, my death was an accident. 

I was driving home late one night, I had stayed in college preparing my classes and I fell asleep on the wheel and hit a tree. Goodbye life. I didn't become invisible to the rest of the world, like a ghost stuck on the other side forever alone.  No, I was forever stuck in darkness. I don't know how much time I was there in the darkness. If it was a century or a blink of an eye I had no idea. 

But soon enough the light came, pure and white, all shiny and shit. 

I soon heard voices, talking right next to me. I had to focus really hard to hear better than just noise.

"Isn't she precious Abby?" A male voice said, in a happy tone.

"Oh my god Rudy, she's perfect." A female voice replied with thick emotion. "What are we going to call her?"

WAIT, WHAT? NO!

"How about Bonnie?" The male voice continued. "Bonnie Bennett, our daughter."

OH HELL NO!

"It's sounds beautiful." The female voice declared, before bending down and giving me a kiss on the brow. 

HELL FUCKING NO!

"My little witch." The female voice murmured into her ear.

WITCH! 

Well, maybe.