Through the years: Sharing a Secret

2007, Mystic Falls

It had been fifteen years now since I had been reborn into another world, a world I had known to be fiction. Never mind the fact that I had been reborn has a major character in said world. Three years ago my magic had finally popped out. I had been so freaking excited at the time. But I soon realized that it would take time and long hours of practice before I could pull some of cannon Bonnie's bad ass moves.

It started slow. A few levitation spells here, a few fire spells there. Nothing major, especially because I didn't have much time. I either was at school, with Caroline or Elena at the Grill or at my Gram's house. It didn't leave me with much time, but I spent every other minute either taking care of my little garden in the woods or hidden in the attic reading about new spells. 

Magic was like a muscle. The more you trained the more you could do. At the moment I wasn't thinking about dabbling in the more hidden arts, like black magic or voodoo. I knew how to do them, but as magic was like a muscle If I pulled of something I wasn't ready to do I could seriously damage myself and my magic.

As such I still hadn't tried many of my ideas, like the ice making one. I had to be able to use the other elements first before I could even try to mix two together. Fire was easy, I could light up candles without even thinking. Air was also simple, specially lifting stuff up, although using it like a weapon to cut was a little too complicated for me at the moment. I copied the idea from Naruto, and I had managed to cut through a few leafs already. Earth and water we're still a bust though, I hadn't managed anything with them yet.

I had however made a few new potions, inspiring myself mostly on Harry Potter. I had successfully brewed a anti-acne potion,  taking the idea from a magical formula that Ron Weasley used during his teen days. Let's just say my teen years we're much easier thanks to it, and that Caroline was a avid fan of it (even if she didn't know what it was). I had also made a few new poisons, and their antidotes. I didn't know for what, but they could prove useful in the future.

But now I was planing on doing something that would, without a doubt, change the timeline. I had been thinking about it for a while, it could change everything, but I was willing to risk it. Caroline was by best friend, I wanted to tell her about my magic. I always found it stupid that cannon Bonnie had told Elena about her magic and not Caroline. 

Caroline was still like cannon, blonde and perky with an infinite love for fashion and shopping. Heck, she was even trying to force me into cheerleading even after I told her the only exercise I needed was throwing men at the ground during my aikido classes. But I knew her better than I knew Elena. 

Elena was just so ... meek. Yes, that's the word I would use to describe her. She was ok most of the time but even now ,that she didn't know about her importance in the supernatural world, she acted as if the world revolved around her. She was very docile too, almost without any strength of character. I didn't really know how to qualify my relationship with her. 

But Caroline was fun, always happy and a huge drama queen most of the time. Plus I knew about who she would become in the future. She would be one of the most fantastic vampires ever. She actually would grow to love herself, her vampire self. She would grow into a fantastic person, not that she wasn't one already. So yes, I wanted her to know about me. About the supernatural. So that if the timeline went as in canon she wouldn't been completely clueless. 

"Bonnie what's this about?" The blonde girl whined as I pulled her into my room, and looked the door.

"Caroline you're my best friend." I informed her in a serious tone. "I want to share a part of me with you."

"Bonnie don't tell you want to have your first lesbian experience with me." She blurted out, and I had to let out a laugh. Oh, Caroline and her bluntness. Always amusing. 

"No." I giggled out. "It's something way more magical than that." 

"Then show me." Caroline pouted, thinking I was laughing at her. 

Taking a cue from canon I grabbed my pillow and ripped it open letting the feathers all around my bed. Caroline was looking at me with wide eyes but before she could even say anything I silently made the feathers float all around us.

"Oh my God!" The blonde girl exclaimed, covering her mouth with her hands as she looked around at the feathers socked. "Bonnie, how are you doing this?"

"Caroline." I said smiling at her. "I'm a witch. A spell casting, potion making witch."

She stayed silent looking at me like I had grown another head before blurting out. "No broom flying?" 

"Not yet, I might still create a flying broom just for the kicks." I replied, cataloging that idea for the future. 

"Seriously?" Caroline said, still unbelieving. "You have a wand? Or a cauldron? Maybe a Book of Shadows from like that Tv show with witches you made me watch?"

"Wand no, cauldron yes." I informed. "Book of Shadows yes, though Witches call them grimoires." 

"Love potions, are those a thing?" She questioned again, getting excited about this world she had no idea existed. 

"I think so, but it's not something I have dabbled into." I replied truthfully.

"You know what this means don't you?" Caroline asked, for the first time with a very serious tone.

"No?" I questioned, perplexed. 

"I'm getting you a witch costume for Halloween." The excited blonde said, giving a jump in my bed. "We'll get you a hat, and a broom. Oh Bon you have to get a black cat! Every witch needs a familiar!"

I giggled as she continued naming the things that I, as a witch, needed to have. Hell I'm pretty sure she's planning on buying me a whole new closet with clothes fit for a witch.

Oh god, what did I get myself into?