Entering The Danger Zone

(A/N: Before the chapter starts, I just wanted to share this video with you guys. The Hillywood Show is a YouTube channel that creates parodies and they did one for Pirates of The Caribbean; it represents Jack perfectly! https://youtu.be/v0PhfbpNu-4)

"Right lads!" Jack shouted."Oh, and lady," he had summoned everyone to the top deck for an important meeting,"now that we are more fully acquainted, it is time that we set our sails in the right direction."

"He's drunk again." I whispered to Tricks.

Tricks replied."He's always drunk."

Jack carried on."You all know that we are criminals and that we must take precaution at all times. However, on the brighter side, we have a huge pile of money waiting for us just beyond the horizon!" the men roared with happiness.

"Aye, the captain be right! Tis' but a few short days at sea before the treasure is ours!" Mr Gibbs cried out.

We were soon dismissed and everyone scattered to their jobs. I hopped up the steps towards Jack who was studying his compass very closely. I seemed to have startled him when I greeted him.

I giggled."What's got you so jumpy today?"

"Shouldn't you be working?" he said, turning away from me.

"Well, actually, I wanted to speak to you first."

Jack flicked his compass shut, facing me now."What is it, my dear Scarlett?"

"You know the room you gave me? The one I refuse to sleep in because it's unfair on the others?"

He nodded his head.

"Can I move there permanently?"

"Why change your mind?"

"I don't feel safe below deck anymore. Ever since the argument with Lenny happened, he's been intimidating towards me and some of the others who stuck up for me."

"Scarlett, you don't have to ask. I know it's scary being surrounded by these men. You have top priority here."

"You can't say that."

"Don't worry, I say it to everyone."

I laughed a little as I walked away."Thanks again, Captain."

"Hey! I thought we were on first name terms?" he called out.

The rest of the day followed the usual routine. Do the chores, mess around with the other lads, avoid any fights or prevent them from happening before going on night watch. However, as the sun was beginning to set, our crow shouted out.

"WE'VE GOT INCOMING!" he shouted at the top of his voice before pointing towards the danger.

Those who were on deck followed the direction and spotted the ship that was steered towards us. I glanced at Jack who looked very panicked as if he knew what was coming. We all scrambled for weapons, positioning ourselves at our stations. I rushed below deck to alert the others.

"Quick! All of you are needed!" I shouted out before turning around to get back to the others. However, these men had other plans.

"You're not going anywhere!" a familiar voice snapped, dragging me backwards by my shirt.

"Wait! What are you doing?! They need our help up there!" I yelled out as I was taken away from the stairs, the only exit.

The man angrily pushed me into the wall, pinning me there, spitting in my face. As I tried not to be sick from this action, I looked up at the attacker. Lenny's evil eyes bore into mine as he snarled. There were three other men stood behind him, getting into a stance fit for running as if I was going to escape.

"Lenny, we need-"

"Shut up!" he slammed his hand over my mouth."You've caused enough trouble for me!"I bit down on his hand hard."YOU LITTLE BITCH-"

"LISTEN TO ME! WE ARE ABOUT TO BE ATTACKED BY ANOTHER PIRATE CREW SO IF YOU WOULDNT MIND GIVING US A HELPING HAND, THAT WOULD BE GREAT!" I stormed off and surprisingly they let me pass them."We'll finish this later." I shouted back, running up the stairs in case they tried to hold me hostage again.

It was still chaos on top deck. Grabbing a gun amongst the few that were left, I positioned myself next to Tricks, kneeling down with him. He glanced at me, winking and smiling, as it this was just a silly game. It was visible to me and everyone else that my hands were shaking, it I tried to push that out of my mind; this was not the time for my ego to get in the way.

The ship kept approaching us at their full speed yet Jack never shouted any commands. We could have at least slowed them down for us to get away but Jack told us to keep still. Our ships were now opposite each other, each crew trying to strike fear into the other. Jack stood behind us and it seemed that the other ships captain had the same idea.

"Barbosa!" Jack's bellowing voice made me jump."Good to see you again."

"Aye, sorry to say I don't feel the same!" the other captain shouted back.

Suddenly, the crew members from this so called 'Barbosa', swung over into our side of the ship. They were so quick at doing so that we were all knocked off of our feet and pinned to the ground. Everyone struggled beneath the weight of the enemy, some of them breaking free. I heard a few guns being fired but no bodies fell.

"ALRIGHT YE BLITHERING IDIOTS! Stand down." we heard Barbosa yell.

As everyone backed away from each other, we finally came face to face with the nightmares before us. I had no idea how this was real but I saw dead men in front of me. They were just skeletons, nothing else. Just a minute ago they had flesh and everything else that was normal for a human to have; how was this possible!?

"You seem scared lass!" Barbosa whispered in my ear. I screamed and scrambled away from him, causing a laugh to pass through the men.

"What be this then, Jack? Ye got yerself a little lady now have ye?" Barbosa mocked.

"What do you want Barbosa?" Jack drew the attention off of me.

Barbosa stiffened up."I've come for me ship. You know, the one we be standing on."

Everyone's eyes looked back and forth between the captains, confused by this statement. Jack's eyes wandered around as he tried to speak.

"I think all of that salty air has gotten to your head because you aren't making any sense mate." Jack smiled, sauntering away from him.

"Don't be the fool we all know ye are, Jack. Tis time to give back what is mine."

Barbosa's crew slowly began to unseathe their swords, signaling that we were going to fight. The three men at the bar were more than I could handle, how in the hell was I supposed to fight a whole crew? The clicking sounds of guns also broke the silence surrounding us, making everyone more aware of the danger around us.

I heard footsteps behind me before Barbosa spoke into my ear."Ready ye arms, lass, tis not going to be a pretty site."