Savages

The men who ambushed had tied those up who were still on the ground. The trap I was stuck in was lowered until the men grew impatient and just cut the rope. I came hurtling down, screaming all the way from the top of the tree tops, almost hitting the floor of the rainforest; but before I could, the rope was grabbed again, the men laughing at my horrified face. As they cut open the trap, I tried to spring out and attack, though I was easily restrained, two men gripping my arms.

"Seems we've caught something quite tasty lads." the leader but his lip, smirking at his comment.

Our crew was dragged deeper into the green hell, it seemed that these men knew where they were going. I dug my feet into the wet soil, refusing to be taken away like this. They grew tired of my antics, sweeping me off of my feet (and not in a romantic way) and throwing me over their shoulder. My screaming was just laughed at, the protests were ignored. I saw some of my men trying to resist but they were threatened with their deaths. Eventually, I started to notice that the brown soil was disappearing and we were on white sand again. The blood was rushing to my head but if I tried to move, I would surely fall off this man's shoulder.

"My lady." the man carrying me mocked, setting my feet on the floor.

My legs were a little wobbly though I tried not to show it. Looking out to the sea, I couldn't see our ship. Were we on the other side of the island? The man grabbed my arms, spinning my body to look to the left of me. Just the front of a shipwreck was poking out from a ginormous cave, the rest of it was hidden.

"Move it, princess." the guy shoved me as everyone else walked on.

As we entered the cave, the natural light poured in, though I could see that there were torches surrounding the place for when it got dark. Parts of the ship were broken, huge holes filled them. Our crew were pushed up a makeshift bridge onto the shipwreck, where more people were waiting for us. Their crew whooped and mocked us as we were paraded onto the top deck, lined up in front of them.

"I thought you were going out hunting?" a tall man asked, crossing his arms.

"We got a little sidetracked." One spoke up, standing beside him.

The leader walked up and down the line, stopping in front of me, putting his head too close to mine."But don't she look good enough to eat?"

I spat in his face, which angered him, and he smacked me back. Recovering from it, I ignored the throbbing in my cheek. Glaring as he walked away, we kept eye contact until he started talking again.

"Who here is in charge?" he demanded to know.

No one spoke. Where the hell was Jack? Why wasn't he speaking up?

"I won't ask again!"

Some people were glancing at me, seeing as I was the only one with a sensible head. Finally, Jack took a step forward.

"Captain Jack Sparrow, at your service." he smiled, as if nothing was wrong.

"Well, Sparrow, it seems that you'll be answering all the questions." he squared up to Jack, being much broader and muscular than him.

"Actually, we were just leaving, so if you point us in the direction of my ship, that would be great."

"But you just got here. Besides," his eyes went to me,"you have some things that I want."

Jack followed his gaze."Oh, you don't want her lad. She's quite a bit of work."

I knew he was only saying this to try and protect me, so I let this insult to unnoticed.