Norwich

I woke up slowly and thanked some higher power that I didn't have a headache. Scott's bags were all packed ready to go. He didn't have a passport so couldn't go with us to France. I didn't want to see him leave but there was nothing I could do, so I didn't bring it up. I got dressed, did my hair and went downstairs, leaving him in the bed alone. I went in the bathroom, did my teeth and sat at the table, where James was sipping on a cup of tea. I did my make up as I waited for the taste of toothpaste to calm down so I could have a normal tasting breakfast. James was watching the news channel, sipping lightly as a presenter told us about some mass shooting in London. The destruction left in the incident's wake reminded me of the riot back on our first tour. I felt a twang in my stomach as I saw people wandering around in confusion. I didn't realise the tear running down my cheek until James leaned over and wiped it away with a tissue.

"Hey, don't cry." He said as I took the tissue from him.

"I'm not crying." I said, my voice level. There were no more tears. James just smiled and carried on watching the TV.

I ate quickly and quietly, wanting to get straight into the zone that music always puts me in. I rounded up all the guys into the living room area for a rehearsal, the guys didn't even question why we needed to so early, they just went with it. I let them do all the angrier, more screamy songs that I would normally never do. It felt good to be doing something new and different. I felt ready to take the world by storm.

Later that day

We had arrived. Our last UK date was here. As we pulled up outside the venue every band I'd ever seen live flashed before me, Avenged Sevenfold, Black Veil Brides, Asking Alexandria, Madina Lake, Chiodos, Drugs, Slipknot, Stone Sour, Escape The Fate and Rammstein seemed to have had the biggest effect on me. Then I realised, nearly all of those bands were from another country. So if they could do it, Split The Seams could as well!

We went inside and aimed straight for the dressing room. It was quite small with comfy sofas and fluffy pillows. I flopped down on one of the sofas and curled up, closing my eyes and saying a mental goodbye to the British crowds. Part of me wondered what it would feel like to play to a different country, the other part was too excited to care about questions. I took a deep breath, checked my eyeshadow was perfect in the tiny, smeary mirror on the wall and went to find out what the guys wanted to play for our final UK date.

I found Gary, Ricky and Jahvie and started talking set, they wanted to do the faster and heavier songs, I wasn't sure at first but decided that I may as well. Those songs were starting to grow on me.

After about twenty minutes the guys from Asking Alexandria arrived. We were called into their dressing room, there were so many rooms that it was hard to find the right one. I heard two people's voices through a particular door and thought that was it, but it was a tiny room where some girl and one of the roadies were getting up to no good. I shut the door quickly and we pretended that we hadn't seen a thing. Ricky and Jahvie shared a look and made a comment about the girl, but I tried to ignore them.

Eventually we found the right room and had a sit down with everyone.

"Guys, before we go to Europe there's something you have to do." Ben said, his elbows were on his knees as he leaned forward to speak.

"What's that?" Jahvie asked, looking concerned. He pulled his long, black hair back away from his face. As he raised his arm I could see the start of the sleeve on his right arm, it only just reached beneath the sleeves of his t-shirt.

"There are a few forms that you'll have to sign." Danny said, standing in the doorway, he leaned against the frame.

"One of them being a special contract from our label." Ben added. There was silence as we all looked at one another.