The Angst

The smokey motel room is relatively small, complete with a bed, two side tables on either side of it, a dresser and an outdated, boxy TV on top of it. The wallpaper was an ugly throw up light yellow and green with a pink ceiling. "Dude, we've been teleported back to the '70's" Sam says as he checks out the room. I head into the bathroom to empty out my toiletry pocket and set things up for my shower later on. At least the bathroom is of a normal, white color with linoleum tiles aligning the floor. The shower itself could also be a bathtub and the shower curtain rounded the entire bathtub at the top in a very curvy looking shape. The shower curtain was almost see-through. . . Almost. I put my stuff on the tan-ish porcelain sink.

I hear Sam's voice say something in the other room about needing my keys to get the rest of his stuff and especially, the food. I fish my keys out of my pocket and we get the rest of our belongings out of the car. Now I regret getting only snack foods and not something like Hamburger Helper to be a more substantial meal. "This place is like, so creepy. We are literally the only ones here" I say, making sure to lock my car doors twice. Ain't no one getting in there!

"Yeah, I'm not stepping foot out of our room until we have to leave. It's gonna be creepalicious at night, bro" Sam holds the motel door open for me, as all of my hands are full. I widen my eyes and give him a puppydog face until I'm at the door.

"Thank you" I breathe and quickly set the rest of my stuff down on my left side of the bed. Sam is already laying down on the bed with his arms outstretched. He, alone, takes over the entire full-sized bed here at this crappy motel. I start to think that maybe going for the cheaper option and renting a room with one bed is a bad choice. It's going to be a cramped night. At least we are both skinny.

Sam groans and says that the bed is kind of lumpy. He takes off his (my) shirt in a way to get more comfortable. I watch his arm muscle ripple a bit as he pulls his clothes over his head. His abs tighten as he breathes. Damn I'm staring again. I need to occupy my brain with something else. . . I turn on the TV to the news channel and listen to that as I arrange our food either onto the dresser or into the refrigerator. No use letting our goodies spoil, now.

"Let's make some popcorn so this place doesn't smell like a buttcrack, dude" Sam says and I agree. The popcorn turns out really great and I make two bags for each of us. We also scarf down 2 Fruit Roll-Ups each while we watch the news. I am laying down eating the snack by putting it in a big ball then popping the big load into my mouth. Sam just eats it the way normal people do, weirdo.

"Dude, you eat them so normally. I couldn't eat it like that" I tease.

"What else can you put in your mouth?" Sam looks at me and licks his lips. What. He's looking straight into my blue eyes very seriously. I stare back at him stupidly with my big Fruit Roll-Up wad in my cheek.

"I can't even with you right now! A-and a lot of things. . ." I manage to stutter out.

"You could fit like 4 of those in there, better slow down" he says. I'm glad that he made light of our weird conversation.

"Aw, so cute that you're worried about my health."

"Just watchin' out, bro" he smiles and flicks his tongue out at the last of his snack and pulls it into his mouth. My lord.

Sam starts to call his parents and talk to them about our drive. I call my parents too, we mostly talk about aunt Pam's cooking and how creepy the hotel is. I text my brother, Gage, after. Telling him how we are almost to L.A. and that I miss him.

Sam tells his family goodbye because it's getting late and he promises to text them in the morning. I look at the clock. It's almost 11. He finishes up his popcorn and tells me that he'd like to take a shower. He gets his fresh clothes out of his backpack and treks to the bathroom. Like taking showers is the one time that I can be alone without Sam. His showers usually take about 30 minutes. I think about how I haven't masturbated in about 5 days, which is pushing me over the edge. I can feel myself getting hard and excited over this but I only have less than 3o minutes. I turn up the TVs volume.