~2~ Meet Zayn Malik

(Sky's POV)

The three girls have already made friends with Mila, God knows why, and are currently laughing and talking. Miss. Patricia and my parents are talking as Jessica comes from upstairs.

"What's going on?" She asks.

"The family next door just came over to say hi." I say, looking over to Zayn.

"Who's he?" She asks.

"That's Zayn. He's sixteen, at least that's what I heard his mom say." I say, turning away as he looks towards us.

"Ooo, Sky's got a little crush." Jessica mocks.

"No I don't. I mean, he is cute." I admit.

"Aww. Young love." She says, and pinches my cheeks.

"It's not love, Jess. I just said he was cute." I say.

"Alright, alright. Just make sure I'm the maid of honor at your wedding." She jokes.

"No problem." I laugh.

"Hey. My mom said I had to 'make some friends'. So what's up?" Zayn asks as he walks up to us.

"I-we-uhh-" I struggle to create words from my mouth, making Jessica laugh, then step in.

"Nothing much. I'm Jessica." She holds out her hand, and he shakes it.

"I'm Zayn, but Sky already knew that." He says, looks towards me, and smiles. His smile is probably the best thing I've ever witnessed in my entire life.

"Yeah. I sure did." I say. I hear a crowd cheering for me in my head for finally saying something without stuttering to him.

He laughs, and we continue to carry on a conversation, even after Jessica walks away to answer her cell phone.

After a while I notice Isaac has fallen asleep in my arms.

"I need to put him down in his room. You can come if you want to?" I say to Zayn.

"Sure." He follows me into the room as I put Isaac down, then turn on the baby monitor on the small table. I kiss his little forehead, then Zayn and I walk out of the room.

"Here, come with me." I lead him out to the backyard. The pool glimmers in the sun, literally asking me to take a swim. I ignore it then walk past the small garden.

"Wow. This is nice." He says, and sits on the large hammock. I sit beside him, then lay down. He lays down beside me, his feet by my shoulders, and mine to his.

"So, what school do you go to?" He asks me.

"Today was my first day at Lafayette High School. What about you?" I ask him, hoping he went to the same school.

"I'm homeschooled now, but I went to Lafayette High last year." He says, leaving me disappointed.

"Why don't you go anymore? And I wish I could be homeschooled, but we're always moving because of my dad's job, and our parents are always busy, especially since they had Isaac." I sigh.

"Wow. That must be odd having to keep switching schools. How do you keep up with friends?" He asks, ignoring my question about Lafayette High School.

"That's the thing, I really don't have any. At schools, I usually keep to myself, and when school is finished for the day, I lock myself in my room and do something musically associated." I say.

"Well, you have an exciting life." He says.

"I know. Thanks, I try." I say, and we both laugh.

"And I like music too. I sing a bit, but no one has ever heard me except my family." He says shyly.