Announcing that you two are together

Dan: Dan ends up letting the world know about the two of you on accident. He blurts it out one evening during a radio show of all things. It's been a few weeks now with the two of you existing in your own private bubble of new couple bliss, but he makes some throw-away remark on air about one of the upcoming songs having played on your first date. And there it is. The cat's out of the bag in one fell swoop. There's a bit of delay time in which the radio show has to edit things out, cursing and the like, and Dan has an insanely small opportunity to correct his mistake. But you're right there, texting him in an instant, hands shaking, sitting cross-legged on his bed back at his place where you routinely listen to the radio show and then wait for him to get back. "Let it play," you type. And so he does. He gets back to the flat later that night, Phil grinning like a fool behind him as they come up the stairs, and Dan stops in the doorway, gives you a small shrug and a smile. "So that happened," he says, a bit sheepish. You shake your head at him with a laugh, letting yourself feel the shift that's happened so quickly in both of your worlds.

Phil: Phil leaves the announcement completely up to your discretion. He's giddy about taking this next step with you, making your relationship official and real, but he knows that sharing it with millions of strangers is not a small feat. He's more than happy to keep it between the two of you for as long as you want, proud as he his that you've chosen to be with him. So when you tell him you're ready, you're not exactly surprised that he already has a plan. It's not going to be a tweet, or a remark he makes in a live show, oh no. He's going to make an entire video about it. You can't help but wonder as you watch him set up for it, a smile plastered on his face, how long he's had this planned. You don't have to be in it if you don't want to, he tells you. It's a lot, he knows. But you watch from the side of his room as he gets into position, turns the camera on, and starts talking about you. His fans have been wondering of course, spreading rumors, and Phil makes it very clear you are to him. Even if it weren't for his words, the adoration on his face as he talks about you paints a picture clearer than you'd thought possible.