Chapter 6

Hailey's POV

It was almost midnight by the time Maggie decided our girls night should come to an end. I walked down the stairs to find everybody asleep. I crept quietly to grab my blankets to make a bed.

"Psst."

I turned around to find daryl, sitting at the table.

"What are you doing here?" I whisper.

"I was waiting for you, Cmawn now let's go ta bed." He states.

Let's? I thought in my hand. He grabbed my blankets from me and tucked them under his vest, keeping them dry as we bolt for the barn, in attempt to keep as dry as possible. It somewhat worked. Daryl unzipped the tent door for me and I went in, waiting for him. He came in after me and zipped it up.

"You sure have a nice tent" I complimented.

"Yeah its a damn mansion" he remarked sarcastically.

"Totally" I kissed him lightly. He kinda froze but kissed back. I smiled when I pulled away from him to see that he was smiling too. His smile slowly turned into a stare.

"What's the matter?"I asked

"Nothin'." He tilted his head just a little. "You're very beautiful." He says, his face calm, blinking. Mind you this has me stopping my heart. I smiled, I couldn't think of words. So instead I made a bed on the spare side of his tent and laid down. He did the same.

Lori had given the news a few weeks ago that she was pregnant. I decided to change the topic.
"What you think about Lori having a baby?" I asked

He stopped for a second before answering. " I think it better be one hell of a cute little ass kicker." We both chuckled.

"I take it you like babies" I stated my opinion.

He paused again, looking at the top of the tent this time.

"Yah I do. I kinda always wanted to see if I could ever be a better dad than my father ever could. I jus figured if it were to happen it'a been a long time ago"

That kept me silent. He didn't seem the type to want a family. He seemed the lone wolf type of man. He is 30 or something isn't he? I thought to myself. For a quick second I imagined us being that family. But it didn't last long since they world wouldn't have it and I just ain't ready. I don't even know if we will live to see another year, let alone try- why am I even considering this. No. I've only known him for a few short months. All we have is a crush. No Hailey no.

"I understand" I said softly after a few moments.

He flipped over on his side facing me and smiled slightly.

Daryl's POV

"I take it you like babies" she stated.

I paused again, looking at the top of the tent this time.

"Yah I do. I kinda always wanted to see if I could ever be a better dad than my father ever could. I jus figured if it were to happen it'a been a long time ago"

She was quiet for awhile. I didn't want her to pity me or feel bad for me. I just sometimes wonder what a guy like me I'd leaving the world other than a crossbow. I stopped my thoughts and looked at her. Even though, I just met this girl... I think I love her. And I wouldn't mind her being a part of my family even if it is in this fucked up time.

I turned onto my side and faced her, slightly smiling at the thought of it.

_________________________

Hey guys I hope you like these chapters so far. I'm sorry about the cliff hanger, whay do you all think is gonna happen. I accidently left a Supernatural Pun in here. But eh. I apologize for the short chapter.