Chapter 41

We all relaxed the next few days, Carl sat feeding Judeth, I watched as Maggie and Glenn did those cute couple things, the sweet kisses the hugs and the smiles and looks they exchanged with each other. I kinda wished me and Daryl were like that, but then I realized one of the new girls almost looked upset that Glenn was with Maggie. I just kept it to myself, it wasn't my business.

We followed old roads and trails for days, barely stumbling apon walkers. It was night before we knew it, and everybody settled in by the small fire. I, on the other hand sat against a tree staring at the small fire which was about 10 feet away from me. I was out if the heats reach but instead I say in thought of everything we'd lost. Daryl was keeping watch in fact I forgot about him almost completely. It seemed we were drifting away the past few weeks on the road. At terminus. Here. I looked around, and found him and Carol keeping watch together, exchanging words. I had a surge of jealousy surge through me, not the type of jealousy your thinking of, it was the type where you felt helpless. I knew me and Daryl were getting distant, but was it because of Carol? Did he no longer love me? It was the type of jealously that breaks your heart. I sat in the dark silence and tried not to look at them, instead I was greeted by a sleepless night no matter how much I tossed and turned.

///

More days had passed and we still continued to walk. There was small tall around the group,

Rick and Daryl.
Sasha and Bob.
Maggie and Glenn.

It wasn't worth listening to honestly, but it was good to hear the brief jokes and laughs they had.

Suddenly a man started screaming for help. Carl almost pounce but Rick told us to hold position with the hand signal. Carl's eyes pleaded.

"C'mon! Dad! We have to help! Cmon!" Carl pleaded over the man's cries.
Rick gave into his son and we all ran towards the cries. The man who cried for us was on top a rock, with 5 walkers trying to nip at him. We cleared them quickly.

"Come on down" Rick stated.

The man jumped down, reluctantly shaken up from the experience.
"You okay?" Rick asked softer. He man was terrified. He then immediately threw up making all of us look away in disgust.

"Sorry" he apologized. "Yes. Thank you. I'm Gabriel." He introduced himself.

"Do you have any weapons on you?" Rick asked.

He laughed with terror still in his voice. "Do I look like I would have any weapons?" He asked.

I just then realized he was a saint no that's not the word. He's a pastor. A father.

"We don't give two short and curling what it looks like" Abraham stated.

"I have no weapons of any kind. The word of God is the only protection I need. " He finished.

"Sure didn't look like it." Daryl said rudely.

Gabriel smiled.
"I called for help. Help came." He simply stated, leaving Daryl and his rude comment dumbfounded.

There was silence.

"Do you have - have any good? " He asked. We weren't sure if he was asking or offering. "Whatever I - I had left. It just hit the ground." He finished.

"We got some pecans" Carl offered. Carl was so sweet, opening up to this man he barely knew from the good of his heart.

"Thank you" the priest said, taking the pecans from Carl's hand. Just then, Judeth cooed, causing his attention to go to the baby. He smiled.

"That's a beautiful child." He smiled a little more. There was another minute of silence, Rick stared at him.

"Do you have a camp?" He asked.