Chapter 9

A few days had passed. Me, Beth and Maggie took care of the baby girl who was now named Judeth. Of course, Daryl would've liked to too but he had work to do. Rick was in a horrid state of mind. Not Carl. Not anybody. He wasn't in the position to be the leader so daryl stepped up, Glenn as his hand. Me and Daryl were now madly in love with each other, and everybody knew it too. Our make out sessions became more frequent. We became each others counselors. Me and Maggie became good friends. Glenn and Maggie were officially engaged. Hershel had part of his leg removed to stop a bite from spreading. And Beth was taking care of Judeth more and more since daryl was leader, I was the one who hunted and Maggie kept watch.

I snapped out of it. I was waiting for a dear to come by. I see it every few days. But I guess today isn't that day. There's a small town a little ways away and I've been thinking about something long and hard and I've cone to the conclusion I'm about to do it. I ran off in the direction of the highway and took one of the spare cars into one of the small towns nearby. I know they wouldn't like me going out in my own, but it might just be worth it. I park the car outside of the general store and creep inside, watching carefully for walkers. I raid through the store, finding bits of food, more baby items for Judeth and last but not least I go to the farthest isle in the back, and remove the box from the shelf. I stare at it.. I take a deep breath and shove it into my bag. I get back in the car and drive it back safely to where we keep the spare cars. Nobody will even know. except daryl. I creep back through the woods but I stop when I see the huge buck I've been waiting for... I take my bow and aim for the head... steady. And BAM. Right in the side of the head. Glad with my kill. I drag the buck by his horns to the gate of the prison. This thing is HEAVY. And I mean HEAVY. This buck will last us awhile. Glenn opens the gate and helps me carry it, then closes the gate again.

"Oh thank goodness lexi your spectacular! This is beautiful! " Glenn spoke; excited to have a full belly for once. I smiled.

"I wish it was easier but thank you Glenn."

Daryl must have heard the racket as he was working on a truck at the end of the drive way with a cigarette hanging out the side of his mouth. He had his sexy winged vest on too. I went up to him, leaving Glen with the buck.

He met me halfway and hugged me.
"Good job Babe, that's a nice kill." I smiled and blushes deeply at him.
" I love you " I told him before running off to find Carol.

Daryl watched me as I went off. Checking me out, the way my butt swung with every step I suppose. He went back to working on his truck.

"Carol?" I called around until I heard her voice.

"Yes dear?" She asked.

"This might seem strange but do you have any candles?" I asked her. "I'm gonna do something with the Wax."

She nodded. "There's plenty of sticks in the supply room nobody has touched since we came in here, take them all if you want. We need more reliable ones than those easy to break things they got in there!" She said.

"Thanks Carol!" I exclaimed.

I went to the supply room and grabbed about a dozen candles with their holders and hid them in my bag. I tried not to act too sucpicious. I felt bad for lying to carol. These candles were just for personal use. I didn't really need the wax. I snuck to the doorway of the watch tower and set down my bag. I opened it and set up my candles in my room so that they were arranged pretty. I left my bag open and left the tower to see what else I could find.

Daryl's POV.

I wonder what's so important that carol would have. I watched as Hailey left the perimeter again, probably looking for squirrels. She has acted strange today. Actually since yesterday. I continued working on this truck that just didn't want to work for some reason. Shitty dodges. Suddenly a whack of oil slatted all over my shirt and a little on my face. I took the rag that hung from my back pocked and wiped my face. I looked down at my oil stained shirt. "Shit" I mumbled to myself knowing I gotta go all the way up to the tower to change it. I walked towards it any I got to the watch tower reeking of oil. I walking in an paused. There was a hole bunch of candles stacked and patterned in ways, ready to be lit. I squinted at it... "What the hell?" I thought to myself and reached in my bag for a new shirt. Well. "New" shirt. Just as I changed my shirt I glanced at Hailey's bag and honestly, I had to take a second look.
I pulled the box out from her bag and turned it around examining the whole thing. It was sealed. She must have just gotten it. I take a deep breath and try putting it back in her bag the way it was. I see what this is coming to. But she doesn't know I do now.