Drowning

Luke

I sat at the bottom of the swimming pool, a place i always find myself, i've been under for a while now drowning my thoughts out with the sounds. I always come here, it's in my house so i can use it whenever i want. 

My parents are rich, we live in a huge house, and they force me to go to a private school. I hate that school, it's not so much the school, just the people. They're all stuck up and just flaunt their money in people's faces. 

I try to stay away from people at all cost, the only time people have actually tried to talk to me was when i first started. My dad owns the school, it's the biggest and most successful school in the UK, people only wanted to talk to me because my parents have the most money out of everyone in the school and their parents combined.

Everyone hated me, i never knew why, but my guess is because i have the most money. That is all anyone ever cares about around here; money.

I didn't though, i was alone, and sad. The only thing i could ever want and trade all the money in the world for would be to have anyone actually care about me. No one cares, my parents act like they do, but all they care about is how i make them look.

Which is why i have to have straight A's or i get punished, whenever i turn in something that isn't an A i get locked in my room without food. It could last up to a weekend or everyday after school for a week, it has happened many times, not so much now anymore.

I have now been under the water for 10 minutes, i could hold my breath for 20 minutes if i wanted to. I've been doing this for so long it doesn't bother me, it is just a way of thinking, it helps organize all my thoughts and blow off steam.

I feel comfortable underwater, whenever i'm out of it or around people i just feel like i'm drowning.