Save Me

Luke

No one was home.

Like always both my parents leave for the weekend.

It was just me and the maid, Maria.

I sighed and got out of bed changing into some black skinny jeans, the only pair i have considering my parents would never let me walk out in them, i threw on a plain black shirt with a black jumper. I grabbed my converse and snap back and walked down the overly large staircase.

I walked into the kitchen to see Maria, she was like a mother to me when my actual mom was never there, i sat down and she smiled at me.

"Oh Luke where you headed off to tonight hun" she asked me with a smile. She was a pretty little woman with her pale skin and light eyes.

"just for a walk Maria, the usual" i said taking the water she handed me.

"Okay be careful, text me if you're going to be back late"

I nodded and slipped on my shoes it was only 8 o'clock, but it looked later than that. I walked out the door and out the gate going down the street.

I do this every weekend, ever since i was 13, i started walking around the neighborhood. I started walking further than that though and walked to the other side of town, i found this ice cream shop that closed at 9 pm, so i always had enough time to go and get some.

I slipped in my earphones and put on my playlist of all the rock bands i listen to. No one knows this about me, the fact that i go out every Friday to a place my parents would never be caught dead in, and my music taste.

My parents would break every music device i own if they heard me listening to this. I lost track of time and walked to slow, the shop was closed which made me frown. I sighed and started walking further down the street, there was a park i always went to after i got my ice cream. 

It always made me think about what my childhood would've been like if my parents weren't rich. Would i be this lonely? This sad? This depressed?

Would i have friends?

Someone to care about me?

Everyone thinks i'd be posh just like how i was so called "raised" but to be honest my parents didn't even raise me, they were there, but irrelevant in my life. The only person i can say actually raised me was Maria, she was always there; when i was picked on for my weight, and bullied for being "different". 

She was there and distracted me from my self harm, she's the one that got me into swimming, well holding my breath underwater until i can't breath. It was better than marking my skin with scars that will never go away. The scars are faded, but if one was looking for them it'll be found.

I heard something other than the music in my ears and quickly took out the headphones, i turned around and saw someone walking towards me. I furrowed my eyebrows and stood up as he started talking, he sounded drunk.

"hey you" he said pointing to me.

I wasn't scared, even though he was covered in tattoos and buff as fuck.

"hey, you" he said again once he was close enough to jab at my chest.

"what?" i asked looking up at him.

"You little twink, what are you doing out here so late?"

I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at my watch, "It's only 10 o'clock"

"you wanna have some fun?"

I saw the suggestive smirk on his face and grimaced "no thank you"

I tried to walk away from him, but he grabbed my wrist and pulled me back.