Bruises

Luke

It was Saturday and i was currently watching TV with Maria, Teen Wolf, it was a good show but all i thought about was Michael. We were going to hang out today, but he said he had an emergency. I don't mind of course, i'm just bored and i'm not saying Maria is boring it's just i was kinda used to being out every day on the weekend since i started talking to Michael.

"still, can't believe they killed off Alison" Maria grumbled.

I nodded not really caring or knowing who exactly Alison was.

"Luke, are you okay?" she asked muting the TV and turning to me.

"i'm fine Maria" i said looking at her too.

She pursed her lips in thought, "is it that Michael kid?"

I shrugged, "not really, he said he had something important to do, but he wouldn't tell me what it was" i explained turning on the couch and crossing my legs to face her.

"what do you think was so important he didn't tell you?" she asked.

I shrugged, "i don't know it could be family issues? You know i still haven't met his mom"

She chuckled, "Hun, he hasn't met yours"

"he can't" i said quickly.

She raised her eyebrows, "i know, maybe you should talk to him about what's going on?"

I sighed and nodded, "you're right"

----

I was laying in my bed watching YouTube videos when my phone beeped, i grabbed it from my nightstand and saw Michael texted me.

Mike: im at your gate

I furrowed my eyebrows, it's 2 am what is he doing here? I got out of bed and threw on a shirt, i walked down the stairs quietly not wanting to wake up Maria. I turned off the alarm and opened the door, walking outside towards the gate i saw Michael standing there waiting for me. 

I put in the pass-code which opened the gate, Michael walked in and wrapped his arms around my waist. I wrapped my arms around his neck as his head rested on my shoulder. 

"are you okay?" I asked him quietly.

"M'fine" he mumbled.

"let's go inside" i said after he pulled away from the hug. He nodded and i grabbed his hand leading him to my house after i had closed the gate. We walked into the house and locked the door turning the alarm back on.

I turned around and saw Michael admiring the house, "come on" i said grabbing his hand and walking up the staircase. I lead him to my room and turned on the little lamp by my bed, so it wasn't too dark or bright.

Michael laid on the bed and i climbed in with him, I gasped when i saw his face, i couldn't see it before because it was so dark. He had a busted lip and a bruise forming around his eye and cheek, i lifted my hand up to touch his lip only to retract my hand when he hissed.

"s-sorry" 

"it's fine"

"what happened?"

"nothing"

I furrowed my eyebrows, "don't say nothing when something obviously happened, did it have something to do with what was so important?"

He nodded.

"what was it?"

"nothing"

I sat up getting frustrated with him, "why would you come here at 2 am with a busted lip and bruised face then not tell me what happened?"

"i had to see you" he said calmly sitting up and facing me.

I shook my head slowly, "what happened?"

"nothing Luke, just drop it"

"no i'm not just going to drop it, there's something you're not telling me and i want to know what it is"

"fine, i got jumped okay? The guy i beat up, his friends jumped me, it's no big deal i can handle myself"

"a-are you okay, how bad is it?" i asked worried.

"it's just some bruises i'm fine"

"are you sure?"

"come here" He said grabbing my waist and pulling us both to lay down, "i'm sure princess"

I set my head on his chest listening to his heartbeat and that's how i went to sleep.