Failure

Luke

It was now Monday and it's the day i get my test back from German. I was worried, i was never that great in German and just really needed to pass.

I walked into my fifth period class, which was German, and sat in the front. The bell rang right after and the teacher, Ms. Sweet, Started talking.

"Okay class" She said grabbing a stack of papers, "i'll be passing back your test, then you can get started on your writing essay that is due tomorrow"

She walked around the class handing people their papers, i felt my heart race in my chest i was always scared to get test back from certain classes, it's like i knew when i didn't do good.

She walked to my desk, set the paper on the face down, and walked back to her desk to explain the essay. I took a deep, shaky breath and slowly picked up the paper, my eyes welled up with tears.

I looked down at the desk, 89%.

I hate that, i was one percent away from not being punished. My parents are going to kill me, this is the only class i struggle in and the worst part is my dad forced me to take this class.

He said i would be a better son if i knew another language, which is dumb because i already know 3 other languages, i don't know why this is so hard.

At the end of the day i walked outside and saw my driver immediately, he was always parked right next to the stairs of the school. I sighed and walked to the over sized limo he opened the door and i thanked him, he nodded his head in return. 

The drive was silent, like always, he opened the door for me when he stopped in front of the hosue. I thanked him and walked through the garden, up the stairs, and to the front door, when i walked through the door i was greeted by Maria.

"Hello Luke, how was school?" she asked taking my bag from me.

"It was fine Maria" i said not even trying to fake my worried expression.

"You look worried, did you do good on your German test?"

"89 percent" i whispered.

She nodded and i followed her into the kitchen, "here eat this before your father comes out his office"

She handed me a sandwich and a bottle of water, i took big bites so i could eat as much as possible. I chugged the water down and she threw them away right when my father walked into the room.

"father" I greeted and stood up.

"Lucas how did you do on your German test?"

I bit my lip and Maria handed me my bag, i grabbed my folder and took out the test handing it to him.

"Disgrace" he grimaced. 

I took a step back knowing what was coming, "i-im sorry, i'll do better next time i promise" i whispered.

He grabbed my arm and pulled me up the stairs, "your a fucking disgrace, you make me and your mother look like a fool"

He pushed me into my room and i fell on the floor I-i'm sorry-"

He slammed the door shut and i swear the hole house shook, "you dumb piece of shit no food all week, i'll make sure Maria knows that as well. I want you studying in there got it?"

I sniffled "yes sir"

I climbed into my bed and cried myself to sleep, no matter how much i hated my parents the only thing i want is for them to love me. They won't love me if i'm stupid.