One Last Thing

An explosion scared you awake. You sat up quickly and saw Aang fighting three war balloons. In shock you quickly tied your belt tighter and ran to his side trying to prevent the building to be destroyed. The group that slept in a circle were shocked by the second and third explosion.

In a moment Aang used his air bending to shut the large temple doors in an attempt to protect them. Inspite of this the roof crumbled and a large piece of it feel and nearly hit Katara. You screamed her name, and Zuko noticed and pushed her out of the way. Angrily she pushed him off her, without any sign of gratitude.

Toph and Haru bend a tunnel to escape from. "We can escape through here!" Toph yelled and Aang moved back, towards the tunnel, but Zuko moved toward the crumbling temple doors.

"Zuko what are you doing?!" Aang yelled struggling to get Appa to go into the tunnel.

"Go on, I'll hold them off. This is a family visit."

"ZUKO!" Aang yelled. Katara and Sokka encouraged Aang to leave him, but you stood in shock.

"Permission to aid him Avatar?" you asked formally.

"Go (y/n) we will catch up." Aang said quickly, and in a moment you were at Zuko's side. Azula sent a stream of bright blue fire towards Zuko. Water raised to minimize the flames damage and Azula spotted you behind him. Another blast of fire and the ground beneath your feet threatened to fall.
Zuko used a falling pillar to jump on top of a ship.
You used water, and succeeded.
Zuko failed.
You saw him fall into the mist and lost your temper quickly. "Princess..." you said with such venom you seemed almost snake like. In a moment you both were fight on one balloon, similar to a past fight. There was tears in your eyes, but from anger. This was the girl who tried to kill you and those she called her friends. Azula was a lost cause and you knew it.
"You're scars are healing up nicely..." She said as she continued to send flames your way. "Interesting how the bruises are disappearing but the branches are still there...I wonder why the boiling water didn't leave a mark..."
The water you used became hotter and hotter until it was steaming.
"If a fire bender can be burned, an air bender can be suffocated, a waterbender can be drowned, and a Earth bender can be crushed, how come you didn't burn?"
"Because what you bend isn't what burns you..." you growled.
In a moment an fire nation ship caught your attention as well as Azula's. Zuko was on top. You backed away and let him continue the fight. It was terrifying to see so many flames fly. You looked at waited for Aang with Appa.
You glanced to see both Azula and Zuko match flames and the impact send all 3 of you off the ship.
Luckily you and Zuko were caught by Appa, but Azula continued to fall.
"She's not going to make it..." Zuko said shocked, but Azula used her flames to propel her self to a cliff.
"Of course she did...." You growled and turned away. "Okay start going North to throw them off our trail, we can camp and head to the island the following day."
The group looked at you shocked, and worried, but chose to let you go.