The Water Dragon (part 1)

The avatar's group were finally out of Azula's grasp for a while. Zuko and Aang left to find out why Zuko couldn't bend fire anymore. Around the same time you have had problems with your bending as well. It wasn't as bad as Zuko but it didn't feel the same. Mai suggested to go to her father's prison island, but you felt strange. Tai Lee somehow understood and talked to Azula.

"You are taking a trip." the princess said.

A wave of curiosity shot through you as you looked up. "I don't understand"

Tai Lee smiled, "I've heard of this before with benders. They have to go through this path of finding themselves or something. So we are giving you a ship and a crew."

"A ship and a crew?" you froze "I couldn't except"

Mai glared "What use will you be if you are having trouble bending and fighting?"

"Oh......"

Tai Lee hugged your waist "Now trust me this will help a bunch. There's an island where the first boiling water benders began! They might teach you a thing or two."

They began to lead you to the fire nation docks.

"Okay I'll go. When will I be back?"

Azula seemed too happy when she stated "You have two weeks. Now go"

You boarded the ship with the crew all on deck. The captain introduced himself then left to start the ship. You ran to the side and waved to the three, but something felt off. "Good bye!"

A sigh escaped your lips once the boat was on the open water. "Something is strange."

One of the soldiers walked over to you. His face was covered by a fire nation soldier mask. "Would you like to practice your bending?" His voice was oddly familiar though.

"Sure?" you questioned and got into a fighting stance. He began creating flame from his hands, but it seemed almost liquid. You shot some water in his direction and he dodged it shooting this liquid fire. Terrified you dodged it with a tumble and guided water with your left foot. It hit his mask and knocked it off. You froze once you saw his face. "B-Brother?"

The tan boy removed the helmet completely and smiled "haha hey sis." He had the same eyes as you but his nose was slightly bigger, and his skin was just a shade off of yours. He had only three inches on you but it was noticeable. "Aba? I haven't seen you in years."

"That's why I volunteered to be on your crew!" he smiled gleaming, much like your dad used to.

Suddenly the captain's assistant ran towards you "We have a problem..."

Once he said the words, bullets were being shot through the sky, and one hit Aba.

"Brother!"

to be continued