Chapter 12: Relinquished

The night seemed to drag on as Sidney played videogames with Brent until he went to bed and was glad he didn't really attempt to have a conversation with her. Having trouble staying awake she ended up taking another shower. Once she was dressed she could hear everyone waking up and decided to make everyone breakfast in an attempt to distract her mind.

Everyone sat together groggily sipping on their coffee and hot cocoa as Sidney served everyone some bacon and sausage. Kenda seemed to be stealing most of the attention making it difficult to keep her mind off of Freddy as they all sat around throwing random ideas on spells that could help them to hurt or destroy him.

"Hey Sidney I looked into banishing him from our dreams. But the closest thing we could do is maybe create an invisible barrier he can't get through to protect us, even then though he'd still be there. We just need a way to completely get rid of him." Kenda explained.

"Oh... any luck on that?" She asked partially afraid of the answer.

"Yes and no... I mean there is all kinds of things for killing demons but I'd have to try them on him in order to find out if they'd work, which is kind of difficult when I only have one good hand and he can kill me any second he chooses. We don't even know exactly what he is making it even more annoying in finding the right rituals." Kenda went on making Sidney relax a bit knowing that they were still only in the brainstorming stages of going after Freddy.

Luckily Beth suggested that they all go outside for the day after breakfast. There wasn't too much Freddy talk once they all started playing a few games at Beth's amusement. Sidney still couldn't get her mind off of him cursing herself knowing he could hear her every thought.

There were times where she could have sworn she felt him watching her.

Freddy was completely restless. He watched her every move listened to her every thought. He had her and yet he let her wake up and get away, knowing that she'd dwell on it all day making it easier for him to get what he wanted the next time she fell asleep.

He couldn't focus on anything but her. He was drawn to her from the link and each minute they spent together in the dream world only made it more intense each time she woke up. There were new victims he could occupy his time with tormenting them but he couldn't tear himself away from watching her.

Sidney stared at Delvin as he entered the kitchen with a worried look on his face catching every ones attention.

"Delvin what's wrong?" Niki asked with worry.

"I don't know. But something is definitely going on." He said sitting joining everyone at the table.

"What do you mean?" Brent asked.

"Well after he went after you and Gregory he killed quite a bit but since Kenda was attacked there has only been very few deaths by Krueger lately. I'm afraid he might be planning something. No one has even been threatened by him, but here has been a few newly exposed people dying suddenly. Usually he toys with them a few times giving us a chance to get to people and help them before he can finish them off, but this is really strange, even for him."

He explained making Sidney resist the urge to sink down into her seat as she realized that he was spending all his time watching her. The fact they that they even take care to notice his killing patterns change alarmed her. She was sure that he was watching but she needed to talk to him. Not only did she have to worry about them noticing if she was acting strange but them noticing Freddy acting any differently.

Everyone sat and speculated on what he could be up to as Sidney sat silently trying to decide if she was ready to go and talk to him and risk something happening.